Tuesday, January 31, 2012

You are SEW special to us!!!

Hey Ya'll,
Well, today, I have something to share with you that is a little new for me.  I got all of this great Anna Griffin stuff for Christmas.  I am finally getting a bit of time to play with some of it and trying some new things.  This is a card I made with some stamps that I hadn't used yet.  These are a beautiful vintage sewing stamp set that is available on HSN.
 I took some white card stock and stamped several things from the set in black.  I then used colored pencils (new for me) and colored them in.  I used precision scissors and a craft knife to cut everything out.  After the hand cramps stopped, I got back to work assembling everything.  To start with, I took several strips of Anna Griffin paper that I had left as scraps.  I stuck them down to a piece of scrap card stock in stripes.  I then loaded the sewing machine with gold thread and sewed all of the stripes together.  I cut out the mats and added the lace.  I then cut the scalloped hearts and pillow shapes (CTMH AP) and inked them with a chocolate ink.  I couldn't find any stamps that had the sentiment that I wanted, so I wrote it myself.  I know... should have printed it on the computer.  Lesson learned.  Hee! Hee!
 I popped everything with 3D adhesive and added the ribbon (My Craft Spot).  I added a couple of gems to the pins and some glossy accents to some of the pieces.
I added a few more cut outs on the inside of the card as well.  These, again, were stamped in black and then colored in with colored pencils.  When it was all said and done, we were just thrilled with the final card.  The only problem with this one will be mailing it.  Between the mats and all of the layers of paper, it is probably the heaviest card to come out of our craft room, so it will probably cost more to mail than it did to make.  Hee! Hee!  Oh well... It's worth it.  We would just love to hear what ya'll think about this one and we sincerely appreciate your visit today!

16 comments:

  1. Haha! I know what you mean about hand cramps! And I think your hand-written sentiment goes perfectly! Beautiful card!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow... this is such a BEAUTIFUL card! I know what ya mean about the hand cramps! That's why I don't color things much anymore! LOL It looks so antique and very neat... I think the person receiving this is gonna just flip out on how AWESOME it is! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love all of your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is sooooo beautiful, I love it. Sorry you got hand cramps cutting it out.... but just look how beautiful it is! Love it and worth the hard work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Bobby! This card is amazing and so is your coloring! I 'sew' know what you mean by the hand cramps! LOL! We are so spoiled with our cricuts. Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog, they always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning cards...those stamps are amazing! You did an awesome job using those colored pencils, the images turned out so realistic. Beautiful card and well worth the price of postage...not to mention the hand cramps ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh come on, you are not even 50! what hand cramps!? lol We are spoiled with our cutting machines for sure! Beautiful card, your hard work paid off and you just reminded me that I have been wanting to create a "sew" card for my "I can sew anything" sister (yes, she even makes wedding dresses!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your beautiful card! It is just as pretty on the inside as outside! Those stamps are very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card, so many wonderful elements! ANd to tell you the truth, I like the hand lettered sentiment - so nicely done!

    Janette S.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Like the vintage look to this. Especially like the texture detail you added & the stick pins.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  11. The whole card is beautiful, but that sewing machine is fantastic. You colored beautifully and your cutting is wonderful. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice card. You did a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is so incredibly impressive! Wow! I love the way you've coloured your images. They look so real! And the glossy accents - especially on the machine - are a wonderful touch! Amazing card!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is sew beautiful!!! Love it!! TFS! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my what can I say, it is even more awesome in person :). ha ha. I am so lucky sorry about the hand cramps but it was worth it. You and Jill are the greatest

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love all the embellishments. I like the old fashioned look to it. Great idea! Mimi

    ReplyDelete