Monday, February 6, 2012

Bee Mine - My Craft Spot Valentine Challenge

Hey Ya'll,
This is a very quick card I wanted to share with you today for the My Craft Spot Valentine Challenge!  I used the Build a Valentine stamp set for the sentiments.  Bee Mine is included in the set.  
 I used Create a Critter for this adorable bumble bee with all layers.  The hive is also from this cartridge.  I inked everything with a pink ink.  On the hive, I used a q-tip with pink ink and kind of scribbled here and there.  Then I used glossy accents over where I scribbled and it looks like honey on the hive!  Cool, huh?  I also used the same q-tips for the blush on the bee.  I cut a couple of hearts from this cartridge to add here and there.  I also used some adorable bakers twine from the valentine's colors to trail behind the little bee.  I must admit, I stole this look from Aymee.  Love what she does with twine!!!
 I added glitter to the wings on the bumble bee, used a marker to add some eyelashes and then thought... well... it's for Valentine's Day, so I added a little bit of glitter above the eyes.  Hee! Hee!  Looks like glitter eye shadow.
I kept the inside simple and used the same ink to "Build my Valentine".  All of the stamps used on the inside are seperate stamps from the set.  Great for the inside of cards!

Well, I hope you enjoyed today's project and I sure hope you jump in on the challenge this week over at My Craft Spot.  We would love to hear your thoughts on this card and really appreciate you visiting today!

22 comments:

  1. OMGoodness! This is so stinkin cute! I love that little bee and how you used the twine and the inking! I love it all. FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO CUTE!!! Love the inking!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! Love the honey you created!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card!!! Love the bright colors and are those eyelashes I see???? Way cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMGOSH! This is wayyyy super CUTE! LOVE that Bee! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable! I love how you looped the bakers twine to show the flight path! The inking and glitter add a perfect finishing touch!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bobby, this is just too cute. Love that dripping honey.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card, Bobby! You take a simple image and rock it right off the card. Awesome job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bobby, that is simply bee-utiful!! :-)

    I placed it on the Craftybuglove Pinterest Board!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute, cute, cute, and of course adorable. Love the honey effect was a great idea! Sorry I haven't been around much lately but I wlook at everything I missed

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet! I love that little bee...just the cutest and that pink ink just adds so much detail and dimension. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Precious! I love it! You're to amazingly creative and talented! 💗💗💗

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet Valentine! I love the touches of glitter and shine. The twine makes such a cute embellishment.
    Thanks for the inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cute,cute,cute. Oh and I say how cute this card is?

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Bobby. Love the glitter eyeshadow!Great minds think alike.....
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Cute and perfect!!!!! SO many things to love!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is sooooo cute!! I love this cart too:) Your little scene is adorable:) TFS!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so, so cute!! And your honey is just too clever!! I'm so impressed! I've always liked Aymee's twine trails too. It's a perfect idea for your card as well!

    ReplyDelete