Friday, February 17, 2012

Congratulations!!!

Hey Ya'll,
Well, today, I am sharing a card with you that continues from earlier.  Heather over at Houses Built of Cards won the stamp set donated by Kimberly over at My Craft Spot during the release of her Valentine's Stamp Sets.  In true fashion, and even though the prize will be shipped directly from Kimberly, we always send a hand made card to congratulate a winner from our blog... so... Heather... we hope you like it!
 For this card, I used CTMH AP for the Congrats label and the scallops.  For the paper on this card, I actually made it myself with butterfly stamps.  The larger butterfly is from an Anna Griffin set and the smaller is from a Stampendous set.  I used two colors of purple and a bright green.  I then inked everything with the card with the darker purple color.  I used craft card stock for the base, lavender for the first mat and then the stamped paper for the main mat.  I added some lace and ribbon up the left side.  I then cut three rows of scallops for the bottom, inked them and then scored in between each scallop.  I then used a marker and rolled the scallops over to add some fluff to it.  I then added a bow with My Craft Spot Baker's Twine below the label.
 I didn't add the normal ton of embellishments that I usually do, but I was so pleased with the way the paper turned out that I didn't want to detract from it.
I added a simple sentiment mat to the inside so that I would write what I wanted.  I was just thrilled with the way this turned out.  I am getting totally addicted to stamping my own background paper, which isn't necessarily a good thing because of all of the beautiful patterned papers I have already.  Hee! Hee!  We sincerely appreciate you sharing some time with us today, hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day and we hope you share your thoughts with us on this card.  We also want to say congrats to Heather and can't wait to see what she creates with her new stamps.  If you haven't seen her blog, be sure to stop by for a visit today and tell her Cricut Couple sent you to share some love!  Her cards are just AMAZING!!!  Here is the link to Houses Built of Cards.

10 comments:

  1. Thanks again - and if anybody is wondering...this card is even more amazing in person!!! So beautiful!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful card and I know it has to be awesome in person as I have received a couple of your designs and I am always amazed! Look at you making your own paper again! AWESOME! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is just gorgeous! I would never have guessed that you made this paper.(Not that you couldn't,because you are totally amazing! LOL). Fabulous card! I am going to have to get my butterfly stamps out and try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...I see a new career in your life...paper designer! What gorgeous paper! You and I seem to have many of the same paper stacks (what good taste we have) and my first thought when I saw your card was....WHAT paper stack is that from? I really love not only the paper, but the entire card....it's a beauty! Congrats to Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is beautiful! I'm sure she'll love your card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your background. You're getting very good at that. This is a very pretty card. Love the triple scallops.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heather will LOVE it! I mean, what not to love about it!!! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card!!!! Purple and butterflies are two of my very favorite things!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW! This is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE that Butterfly paper.... soooo pretty! :o)

    ReplyDelete