Monday, February 13, 2012

My Craft Spot Challenge #44 - Girly Girl...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, I don't exactly know what happened, but I had this post scheduled and it disappeared! I am still trying to figure out what happened, but unfortunately, I am really late getting this posted.

This week's challenge over at My Craft Spot is to make something "Girly Girl".  When thinking about a design for this challenge, I couldn't think of anything more Girly Girl then a Ballerina.  Hee! Hee!  Besides that, it finally gave me a reason to blow the dust off of that "Shall We Dance" circle cartridge.  Hee! Hee!
 I used the Build a Valentine Stamp Set by My Craft Spot for the sentiment on this card to simply say "You're Awesome".  I used the ballerina with all layers and the frame feature for this card.  I used the shadow to cut the music paper, then the frame for the pink paper and then cut all of the individual layers of the ballerina with appropriate colors.  I inked everything with a chocolate ink.  You may have to enlarge the pics to see all of the tiny details on this card.
 I used some bright pink tulle, rolled it up and then cut into it with scissors to make the little skirt.  I used Pink and Cream bakers twine from My Craft Spot for the bow.  I also added some glitter glue here and there for the outfit and some details.  I added some pink stones on the frame as well.
I kept the inside as elaborate as the front and cut an oval out of the cream paper for the sentiment on the inside of the card.  It wasn't actually my week to design for the challenges, but I just wanted to challenge myself with this card.  I was so pleased with the way it turned out that I thought it was worthy of the post.  Even if it's a little late.  Hee! Hee!  Thanks so much for visiting today...  I would love to hear what you think of the "Guy's" version of a Girly Girl card!  Hee! Hee!  I hope you all try out the challenge this week too over at My Craft Spot!  This was so much fun!!!

10 comments:

  1. Cute, just love that tutu! I have a picture of me in one of those when I was 4 a very very long time ago. I still have not used my Shall we Dance

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!! That tutu is fabulous!!!!! I have two little ballerinas, and actually took classes for a few years recently...even made it to pointe shoes, but they HURT! And I was a bit to old to keep that going! However, it was fun to know that I did it...it was also enough!!! Yep, I need to pull this cartridge out a little more for sure!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day, Bobby -- to you and Jill!!!

    I had to get that out first so that it didn't get lost in my amazement of the absolute AMAZING card!!! You kind of outdid yourself on this one; it's more that words can describe!!! I LOVE it!!!

    That ballerina is just to "die" for!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen too many projects with that cart but this one is special. I love that tutu. That ballerina looks so good. That's also a beautiful frame. You always get it just right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just adorable.... Love the ballerina's tutu! and the card is so elaborate I just love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing job you did on the ballerina! LOVE the tutu!!! So creative!!...and love how you always make it look so pretty on the inside as well!...but that tutu!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My, my, my...I can't tell you how much I love this card! That little ballerina is just so, so pretty in her bright pink tutu! I love the way you framed your tiny dancer, very soft and elegant, and so, so girly!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh WOW! I totally LOVE this card! the Tulle just adds so much to the card! Fabulous! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW! Your card is soooo pretty! Love her skirt! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete