Monday, February 20, 2012

My Craft Spot Challenge #45 - Birthday Shaped Cards...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, today is Challenge day over at My Craft Spot.  This week's challenge is to make a Birthday Shaped Card.  I don't have any stamps yet that have a Happy Birthday sentiment on them, so I kind of struggled with what to make out of what I had.  Hee! Hee!  What I came up with is a very simple card.  This is a quarter card sized eisle style card.  The face of it is just the cake cut.
 I used the Sweet Treats cartridge for the cake and all layers.  I used pinks and blues on the layers and then a chocolate color for the swirl.  I inked everything with a Chocolate Ink.  I used this adorable pink and blue Baker's Twine from My Craft Spot and just swirled it to look like icing.  I was thrilled with the way it turned out.  I also used the twine for the inside of the card and the little bow.  I used the "Friends and Neighbors" stamp set by My Craft Spot for the "Just for You" sentiment on the inside.
We sure appreciate you visiting today and hope you will leave a comment and let us know what you think about the card.  We would love to see your talent in this weeks challenge over at My Craft Spot.

12 comments:

  1. this turned out beautiful!
    ♥ Cyndy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love shaped cards and yours turned out so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!!! What a great idea for an easel card! LOVE it!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowers! That is gorgeous...what a fun easel card. I love all the layers and that twine is such a great, fun touch...love it! Cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this easel card! Great layers and inking.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card, Bobby! I love how you used the twine for icing! Very clever!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic easel card with great inking.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card is just adorable. I love love love shape cards and this is one I haven't tried! Thanks for the idea and for sharing your talent with us today.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a darling card! How clever to use twine the way you have, too! It looks fantastic!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper ‹(•¿•)›

    ReplyDelete
  10. VERY COOL! I like your shape card and ALL the Dimension! And the wonderful use of twine is always a plus on any project! :o)

    ReplyDelete