Monday, February 27, 2012

My Craft Spot Challenge #46 - Make Us Laugh...

Hey Ya'll,
Welcome to my sick since of humor.  I know I am going to probably offend all of you bird lovers out there, but I have been wanting to create this card for a really long time and I think it's pretty funny!  This is for the "Make Us Laugh" challenge this week over at My Craft Spot.  The only thing about this particular challenge is to keep the humor clean.  Now... I know that if there are any golfers looking at this, they are going to love it!
 For this card, I used Everyday Paper Dolls (Golf Ball), Pooh and Friends (Grass and Stump), Pop-Up Neighborhood (Birdhouse) and Sophisticated (Bird with crown cut off).  I used My Craft Spot Stamps (Jingle All The Way) for the "I can explain".  I used Navy Crinkle Ribbon from My Craft Spot for the bow.  I used chocolate ink on everything.
 I used a brown marker to draw in the cracks in the front of the bird house where the golf ball got stuck.  For the golf ball, I used a stylus to round it and then a mini stylus tip the other direction to enhance the little dents in the ball.
For the inside, I got on the computer and printed out the sentiment.  I wish I could take complete credit for the entire design, but years ago, there was a woman who made these adorable bird houses using broken putters and mushroom birds.  She would craft a birdhouse and have the broken putter sticking out of the top with a mushroom bird upside down "Dead Bird" on the front of the house with a little sign that said "Hey!  I got a Birdie today!"  I don't know why I remembered it, but as soon as I did, I had to make it into a card.  I can't wait to see everyone's creations in the challenge this week.  I think it's gonna be lots of fun, so make sure you head over to My Craft Spot and get in on the fun!  We sure appreciate you spending some time with us today and would love to hear what you think of our card!

24 comments:

  1. What a cute card and yes any golfer would love love love this card.... TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!!! Too funny! Still think your colors are beautiful together!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - how cute!!! Love it! Gorgeous job and I so love the blues!
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being a golfer, I can appreciate this card. Very cute!

    Barb from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card made me laugh!!! Perfect for a golfer and love the papers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card!I so LOVE what you've created!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it - my hubby is a golfer! Poor little birdie!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness..how funny! I know nothing about golf,but even I get this one! I love all the blues and your inking is just spectacular...and that poor little birdie...oh my...lol! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely and funny! Hope the bird is okay. hehehe

    ~tami
    scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hilarious and gorgeous!!! How you combined the 2 IDK..but it's great.

    Be blessed, Beckie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, my most talented friend!!! LOL!!!

    Saw several of your AMAZING cards over at My Craft Spot! Loved them; meant it when I said AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is SOOOO Funny! I love it- it definitely made me smile- how cute and clever! :)Amy

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, this is so cute! I don't golf, but hubby does. Love your sense of humor. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. very funny....mission accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  15. so funny and clever. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGOSH!!! This is wwaayyyyyy to funny! I'm seriously still laughing as I type this! I LOVE IT! Your sense of humor is AWESOME and so is your CARD!!! LOVE the idea of it! I'm gonna show this to everyone I know!!! tehehehhee

    ReplyDelete
  17. LOL! This just cracks me up!!! My hubby is a golfer so I totally appreciate your humor! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this. Being married to a golfer makes this twice as funny. I will be thinking of this all day. Can't wait to show him. Love the "X" on the birdie's eye.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh my goodness! I was cracking up the moment I saw it!!! How funny and beautiful at the same time!!!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohh, this really is funny!! I laughed as soon as I saw it! Great job, Bobby!

    ReplyDelete