Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tweet Happy Birthday Card...

Hey Ya'll
Well, I have a very "Tweet" Birthday Card to share with you today.  This is a card that I made for my Aunt's birthday that's coming up.  This was so much fun to create!
 I used a stamp set from Hot Off The Press called "Sweet Tweets".  When I got this stamp set, I thought it was very pretty, but when I looked at it, I thought... What in the heck am I gonna do with that?!?  So... This is what I came up with.
 I stamped several different bird houses, cages and birds from the set in black.  I then used colored pencils and colored here and there.  Still too chicken to try markers.  Hee! Hee!  I used CTMH Art Philosophy to cut out the label shape and the Happy Birthday stamp that came with the set for the sentiment.
 I stamped a couple of large birds, colored them and cut them out with a craft knife.  I then added a couple of silk roses that were in the old stash on both ends.  They just went really well with this design.
I did the same paper on the inside.  I didn't want to take too much away from the beautiful stamping, so I just did the same label shape that was on the front to write in a sentiment.  When it was all done, I was really proud with the way that it turned out.  The card base is pink and everything was inked with Cocoa Ink from CTMH.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this card and sincerely appreciate you sharing your time with us today!

11 comments:

  1. Well, you used these stamps just perfectly. This is gorgeous and so sweet. I love the way you just colored certain parts. I would have used pencils too. When I try markers, it looks like a 1st grader with magic markers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my - this is BEAUTIFUL!!! WOW - I really love those stamps! Gorgeous and I love how you showcased them on the inside too! Fabulous creation!
    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just awesome from the inside out! Love how beautiful it is. She will love this card! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! I'm so glad you shared this. I have some bird cages and bird stamps that have sat in a drawer because I said the same thing you said, what am I going to do with these. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

    ~tami
    scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!! You're making the most beautiful cards one right after another... lol!!!

    Whatever it is with you, keep it up!!! Love it, my friend! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. Forgot to say -- your card is just too beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,beautiful card!Love your stamping.Can you believe the coincidence...I just picked up a craft magazine that has some of these stamps as a freebie...love the inspiration!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning! What a great use of your new stamps. It looks to me as they were designed for YOU! Your card design is perfect!
    Kate
    Small Bits of Paper ‹(•¿•)›

    ReplyDelete
  9. BEAUTIFUL!!! I never know what to do with these types of stamps.... You hit it right on the mark and made a gorgeous card! LOVE IT! :o)

    ReplyDelete