Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Unique Shaped Thanks Card...

Hey Ya'll,
I have something very different today.  This is a card I made just playing around with something new.  Audrey, over at Cute and Some sent me this beautiful paper a while back.  I had been waiting for the right idea to try it.  I sure hope she likes the results.
 For the base, I used craft card stock.  I used this beautiful Butterfly Paper on both sides.  I used a corner/border stamp set from Anna Griffin on craft paper.  I stamped it with white ink... which wasn't enough, so I embossed it with detail white embossing powder.  I love these lace border stamps.  The Thanks is stamped in black on a white shape cut from Fabulous Finds.  The tab that it's on is also from this cartridge, but it's a card shape, so I used the Gypsy to contour out the extra cuts.  I also added a white scalloped circle behind to finish it off.  I had an extra scrap piece of the butterfly paper, so I used a MS punch and punched out some more of the butterflies.  I added a bow made with Cranberry Crinkle Ribbon from My Craft Spot and then folded out the wings on the punched butterflies and glued them in place.
 This is how the card opens on the front.  I used a rounded corner punch on the left bottom and right top edges.  I am really getting into this look.  Hee! Hee!
I kept the inside pretty simple.  I added another lace border to the inside and some cranberry crinkle ribbon.

Overall, I was very pleased with the way that the card turned out.  We would love for you to comment and let us know how you like it.  We are sure glad you stopped by for a visit today!

14 comments:

  1. That paper is very pretty! Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love those lace border stamps - they are gorgeous!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That paper is BEAUTIFUL! LOVE how it turned out.... those smaller butterflies look wonderful popped up on top of that pretty ribbon.... can you tell I like this card? tehehehe :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that paper is awesome and the design goes perfect with it. Love how you popped up some of the butterflies and that crinkle ribbon is just and awesome contrast! Love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is absolutely beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all Butterflies including your wonderful gate fold style card. The added white embossing powder is very pretty. Like how you finished the inside of card also.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous. The butterfly paper is so pretty and what doesn't look better with some Anna Griffith touches. Love the fold on your card and the tab across the front.
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love how it opens and the gorgeous butterflies!

    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Beautiful paper, beautiful style. beautiful details...just a completely beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so, so pretty! I love the style of this card - and the butterflies with the ribbon are just the perfect way to finish it off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous!! She is going to LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love this!!! Gorgeous design!
    Hugs
    M

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! I totally love this look! Love the cranberry ribbon it adds the perfect touch! Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Bobby, I adore this card!!! I could have never made that paper look so wonderful!!! You are FABULOUS, my friend!

    ReplyDelete