Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Easter to my Peeps!!!



Hey Ya'll,  
Sorry that I have been so light on content lately.  It's been really crazy and then I got hit with this strange new allergy thing.  Long story short, passing out is never a good thing.  Hee! Hee!  Since I am light on content, I am going to share some fun CTMH things I made for the new blog this week.  Next week is all about the My Craft Spot Stamp Release party starting on the 26th!  Little teaser coming tomorrow.  Please enjoy the goodies.  Also, we would love it if you hopped over to Cricut is Close to my Heart and become a follower to catch all of the new goodies!

I have some really fun things to share with you today using this adorable stamp set My Peeps and the Cricut Art Philosophy Collection.
 This is a half card.  8 1/2" x 11" folded in half.  The yellow layer is 8 1/4" x 5 1/4".  The pink layer is 8" x 5".  The white layer is 7 1/2" x 4 1/2".  I used the text strip in blush and key lime to make the background paper.  The stamp image is cut at 5.50 for both the pink and white layers.  The flowers are from several different sizes.  The border is cut at a width of 8.35.
 I used a lace and gingham ribbon on the border strip and then added the stamp shape with 3D adhesive.  I used Creme Brulee and Blush to stamp the "Peeps" and then cut them out with a craft knife.  I then use a Cocoa Marker to dot the eyes and nose.  Then I usedLiquid Glass to make them stand out.
 I used the same mats on the inside and added a simple blank mat for a hand written message.
 I then cut out a couple of these adorable egg cards using the Art Philosophy Cartridge.  They are cut at a height of 3.90.  The grass is from the Pooh and Friends cartridge by Cricut.
The really fun thing about this design is that you can shape the clear acrylic stamps.  I simply shaped the text strip around the Acrylic Block in the shape of the border of the egg!  That way the text wraps the entire egg!  Fun, huh?  Love that!  These adorable little cards were so much fun to make that we are going to knock a bunch out for our friends at work.  They were a big hit at the most recent gathering too.  I would love to hear your comments about this design!  Hop on over to my other new blog for a visit too!

9 comments:

  1. these are so darn adorable. love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just too cute. To me, peeps signify Easter. I don't like the way they taste but I buy them every year for the kids' Easter baskets. This is really adorable. Love it. Hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Oh my goodness...how cute are those little guys? I ordered those cute little peeps from you and now I can't wait to use them...thanks for showing such an adorable project! I just created a card earlier today using that great Easter Egg shape from AP. I can't share it for a couple of weeks, but I love the way it turned out. Loving those peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least I know I'm not the only one who is "LITE" on content! LOL I hope you're feeling ok... After reading the part of you passing out... Doesn't sound to good... :O)
    Your cards are ADORABLE! I LOVE those Bunnies!
    It reminds me of those Marshmellow peeps.... I don't like them but I do like the ones on your cards! LOL :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am completely smitten by those precious little bunnies!! I love these projects!!
    I'm so sorry that your allergies are acting up to the point of you passing out! That's frightening! Hope all is well now for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my!! I found you through pintrest. These Easter cards with the peeps on them are simply adorable.
    Could you let me know what brand stamp the peeps are.
    You can email me at
    NanaNPappa @ aol dot com
    now I am off to check out the rest of you blog!TIA

    ReplyDelete
  7. you can ignore my post about the stamps. I was so interested in your cards that I never paid any attention that you are CTMH consultant. Back to checking out the rest of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is adorable. We are proud to be showcasing this card this week at Fantabulous Cricut as part of our Fantabulous Friday post!
    Anita
    DT FCCB

    ReplyDelete