Monday, March 19, 2012

My Craft Spot Challenge #49 - Spring Scallops

Hey Ya'll,
Today is Challenge day over at My Craft Spot.  This week's challenge is "Spring Scallops"!  I took a little bit different approach to this challenge and instead of just doing scallops, I turned the scallops into window dressing.
 For this card, I used My Craft Spot Stamps (Friends and Neighbors) for the sentiments.  I found a rainy window picture on Google and printed it off for the background.  I have made this style card before.  I did a tutorial on the construction of it on She's a Sassy Lady on February 23rd.  This card also has a Gypsy File you can download for the cuts.  The link for the file is Window Card Gypsy File.
 I stamped the sentiment on some white paper and the cut the banner shape.  I rolled it over a pen to give it the shape.  I used crinkle ribbon for the ruffle on the curtains and the tie backs.
I also stamped the sentiment on the inside from the "Friends and Neighbors" stamp set.  The flowers are also included in the Gypsy file.  The thought behind this design was kind of "April Showers bring May Flowers".  That's why the rainy window on the front and then flowers on the inside.  I wanted it to be a cheer up card.  Well, thanks so much for visiting today!  We would love to hear what you think about this card and hope you play along with this week's challenge.

10 comments:

  1. This is just the cutest card! Love how you used the scallops as the window treatments. The inside of the card is awesome!!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby what a great card.... love the window treatment effect. Awesome card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful! I LOVE the scallops and the inside looks fabulous with all those flowers! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! I will have to share with my cat loving friends. I thought at first you had made two cards until I read that this was the inside of the card. Beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great card Bobby :)
    Hugs
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty. Love the scallops on the window. Beautiful flower frame inside.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet card! It's guaranteed to bring cheer to whoever receives it. The cat reminds me of our own black cat who loves to pass time in the window sill. Ahhh, to have the life of a cat!!

    ReplyDelete