Friday, March 16, 2012

Our beloved Glitch...

Hey Ya'll,
Today, I have a special LO made with the Studio J 5 Pack.  This one is all about another Furbaby named Glitch.  I adopted Glitch when he was 6 weeks old and he was my kid for many years.  I had always wanted a schnauzer.  When I went to the breeder's home to pick out a puppy, there were 8 puppies out in the yard playing with each other.  They are all pawing and biting at each other and just having a good time.  This one little guy walked over, sat on my feet, looked me straight in the eye and sighed... like... I have been waiting.  I picked him up and never put him down.  He was SO sweet.  I had him for 9 wonderful years.  There was a period in life where my Mom had fallen and broken her shoulder and was down for several weeks.  Well, he spend every day keeping her company until she fully recovered and they formed a bond during that time that couldn't be broken.  When Jill and I got married, we moved for career out of state for almost 3 years. Jill already had Boots and I knew that I couldn't separate Glitch from my Mom, so my parents had custody for almost 5 wonderful years.  He had such a wonderful life.  He developed cancer at one point and had to have surgery.  He recovered really well from the surgery and was healthy for several years after, but when the cancer came back, it wasn't something he could survive.  We lost him the day before his 14th birthday.  I still choke up even writing this post.  To some, it's just a layout, but to us, it's such a joy to see those happy times that we had with him.
 He is so adorable.  At the bottom of this page, he is playing with a battery operated tractor that was actually a toy for one of my nephews.  It didn't stay that was for very long.  You would push the tractor across the floor and it would go on it's own, making sounds and lighting up.  He had such a blast with that thing!
 One of his many talents was unwrapping gifts.  The pic on the left was Christmas with my little nephew.  Glitch would walk up and find a tiny little corner of the paper.  He would carefully tear off the paper a little bit at a time.  He didn't care if the gift was for him or not, he just wanted to unwrap it.  Every occasion with gifts meant that we would have to hide the gifts somewhere in the house until the big day.  Otherwise, he would unwrap every single item.  Hee! Hee!  It was just precious!
Well, time for me to dry my tears and move on to other things.  Thanks for letting me indulge a bit about another special furbaby.  I hope you like the layout!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

8 comments:

  1. Awww, Glitch sounds like a great pup! They really do become part of the family, and it's so hard when they pass on. I still have pictures of our first sheltie sitting in a box. I want to scrap them, but I know I will have to have a box of kleenex nearby when I do. Great layout - as always, I love the papers/color combos that you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to stop with these furby posts cause I have to just sit and cry with you! Your wonderful stories remind me of my Miss Puppy America (Samantha) our black Cocker and the precious moments and years we had with her.... Now I just have to collect myself and get back to work.... Start doing people so I can stop crying every day when I come to visit, okay?
    Love your page though and the precious memories that it holds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful story! TFS. I had a schnauzer too growing up. His name was Max; got him on my 16th birthday and I think he lived to about 15 years old.--Pat N.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing terrific layout with the Studio J. Love them and the memories you have of your pets.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I really miss my "Dixie". My Dixie was a little more white than silver and I didn't have her ears cropped. But there's just something about a schnauzer. It's been a little over a year now but I can't imagine making layouts. Someday I will. Yours are beautiful. I'm enjoying them even if they do make me weepy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Sheila...stop it! ...it hits home... :)
    Great layout and wonderful story Bobby...actually, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute!! Love your layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi BOBBY & JILL! I've been sooo busy lately... finally got a chance to come by to say HI! I LOVE this Layout... it's soooo wonderful with Pictures of your sweet doggie! It's so sad when they leave us, they are such a big part of the family that it's hard to say goodbye... So glad that you're able to make scrapbook layouts of all your wonderful furbabies, past & present! :o) I also checked out your other posts and they are just as wonderful! Happy to see you trying out some Digital scrapping! It can be very addicting! :O) I'm hoping this week will be a little slower.... Glad I got a chance to see what you've been up too! :o)

    ReplyDelete