Friday, March 9, 2012

Today is a WONDERFUL Day!!!

Hey Ya'll,
Well, I am SO excited to share this card with you today!  My Dad has a heart attack on March 9th of 2011.  He has done so well with his recovery and is doing everything that he is supposed to be doing and it's been a wonderful year considering how scary it started.  So, I had to make him up a card to celebrate this special day.  I wanted to be all about him and I wanted it to be a little funny because that's the way we are.  So... Here we go...
 For this card, I used a couple of different stamp sets.  The first one is all about Dad that is from Close to my Heart that we won in 2011 as some blog candy.  The background paper is white denim from a DCWV stack.  The stamp set has a distressed rectangle.  I used it and stamped all over the paper in a blue ink.  I then used the DAD stamp and stamped in the center of all of the rectangles with red.  I then used another stamp from the set and stamped it in between all of the rectangles with cocoa ink.  That made up all of my background paper and I was just thrilled with the way it turned out!  I got a $0.99 stamp from Paper Wishes that is a ticket with three sentiments.  The sentiment I used was Hip Hip Hooray.  I used CTMH Art Philosophy for the ticket shape and cut a strip.  I used the Gypsy and welded them together.  I then stamped them and then inked the edges with cocoa.  I then ripped them apart to look like real tickets.  I used a bandana paper from the paper stack to cut the hearts in different sizes from CTMH Art Philosophy.  I also used a border from this stack and cut the strip on the bottom and some denim ribbon.
 I used the cocoa ink and stamped the pocket watch from the CTMH stamp set as well.  I used colored pencils to shade in the stamp set and cut it out with precision scissors.  Once that was all dry, I used Glossy Accents on the watch.  I used a couple of bronze brads and a piece of chain that Jill had in her jewelry stash from a broken necklace.  I thought it was just a fun touch.
For the inside, I just got on the computer and printed out the sentiment.  I thought it was a fun way to celebrate.  Everything on this card was inked with cocoa ink.  When it was all done, I was just so happy with the way it turned out.  Thanks so much for visiting today and celebrating with us!  We are so proud of Dad and are looking forward to coming up with something great for next year!  We would love to hear your thoughts!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats to your dad. What a wonderful day to celebrate "wellness". He will love the card. It really is special. Love all your details.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very special and beautiful card you made. It is indeed a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one amazing card love it. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card to celebrate a year of living well. Yesterday March 9th marked the one year anniversary when my grandson left for the Navy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great reason for making a card! I am so happy to hear your Dad is doing so well. I love the cards you do. Congrats on your dad's anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww Bobyy, what a wonderful card to celebrate your Dad's health journey, just fabulous
    Hugs
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  7. This really is fun - and such a fantastic way to celebrate your dad's recovery! I'm delighted to read that he's doing so well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful to know your dad is doing great! Love love your card specially the watch!! Its a definite WOW!!

    ReplyDelete