Saturday, March 3, 2012

We all get busy, right???


Hey Ya'll,
Well, I have to apologize for the lack of content this week.  I didn't want my blog to turn into a commercial and I am truly sorry about that.  I want to thank everyone so much for such a fantastic response to the new blog and the March CTMH promotion.  We have several new friends who have joined the Cricut Couple team and I can't wait to get everything organized and introduce them all to you!  You talk about a talented group!

There are a couple of things going on right now.  I have been preparing content for the other blog and then I have been working on projects for Kimberly's release of My Craft Spot stamps later this month and WOW!  She really out did herself with this last batch of stamps!  The only downside is that the projects are top secret until the release.  Hee! Hee!  I hope you like them when they come through.  So... today, I am going to share my first project with the new blog.  You can hop over if you want the directions.
Ok... So some of you know that Jill and I are in the Branson, Missouri area.  Well, we had a Tornado the other night that they are calling "The Skipper".  I was all set to launch this blog and get all kinds of fun content.  Everything I am starting with is created, but it takes time to write the posts and get the pictures ready.  I am pretty particular about how I shoot my pictures.  Hee! Hee!  One of the people I work with lost everything in this tornado.  His entire apartment is gone.  There is only one wall standing in the room that he was sleeping in at the time.  Obviously, he has had to take a little time to recover.  He has a few minor injuries, but his car had quite a bit of damage and his life is somewhere over in Forsythe, Missouri now.  I work for a wonderful company and everyone has jumped in to help out.  Our manager immediately got on the phone and called for reinforcements.    They certainly didn't disappoint.  He has a new wardrobe on the way, pretty much everything he needs (very stylish) for his new apartment, his car windows are getting replaced immediately and he will not have to worry about any expenses in his life for at least a couple of months.  It's really been a great restart for him.  But... I love to help in situations like this, so it has really taken a lot of my time the last couple of days.  I promise that I will have some more content soon and thanks so much for your patience.  For now, please enjoy the card and thanks so much for visiting.

I hope that everyone is ok.  I haven't seen many details yet, but I know that another outbreak of tornados hit today.  This is some craziness.  We are so blessed in this area that we didn't have any deaths in our town from it.  It could have been so much worse, especially if all the tourists has been in town.  Fortunately, most of the places that were hit with lots of damage were closed at the time.  If you are interested in seeing some pictures, the local television station KY3 has really been covering things well.  It so sad to see some of the old favorites in Branson that were damaged.

Everyone around here can still use some prayers.  Unfortunately, there have been people arrested here from 6 different states that basically came to town to loot.  I swear, they should be shot on site for such a thing.

Well, I have very strong feelings about that kind of thing.  Hope everyone is happy and safe.  Good things to come to all of us!

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are okay! And don't worry about not having stuff on here to post. I have finally realized that my scrapping and cardmaking are a celebration of life, and life has to come first, or what do I have to draw from? Definitely praying for all those affected by the tornadoes! I am tempted by all the Close to my Heart stuff, but really, the only thing I really find myself wanting is the Art Philosophy cartridge! I'm afraid all the other stuff would just be more STUFF! I'm drowning in crafty stuff already! Who knows though...as I keep watching your projects, we'll see how strong I can still be!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you guys are okay. I am so behind in crafting that I don't know when I will ever get caught up. I am hoping next week to make time for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad ya'll are safe. Love your cards. Will be checking out your other blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you guys are ok along with your friends and neighbors!!! I did not realize you were in Branson. I totally agree about shooting the looters! Talk about adding insult to injury!

    Your cards are beautiful, as usual!! Looking forward to your new projects!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that you are safe .. I"ll wait patiently until you have more time to create

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cards are beautiful! I am glad to see you all are safe. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Bobby! And I'm sooooo glad to hear you guys are safe and What a wonderful thing to hear how your employers and others have pitched in to help..... You take your time as life changes daily... thats why it's called life! LOL I've had a super busy week but of course nothing like yours.... So I will do what I always do and check back often and if nothings posted thats ok! Heading over to your other blog to see whats up! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You've packed a lot of news into this post. First of all, I'm so thankful that you two were kept safe in the tornadoes. How horrible for your friend - but such a blessing that the company stepped up to help! Focus on that and not the bleepity bleeps who came to loot. Doesn't that just make you sick?!
    What a lovely project! The paper combination is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am soooo glad to hear you're fine, and I'm not at all surprised at you helping your friend -- it's just the kind of wonderful friends you and Jill are!

    I've been soooooo slow lately with so much that I haven't yet made it to your other site and apologize for that, but I when I leave here I'm on my way to check things out!

    Love your cards! I always love what you do (I always want to copy everything you do but I'm just not the cardmaker you are... lol).

    Hugs, and I'll be seeing you!

    ReplyDelete