Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Bug Bytes Blog Hop!

Hey Ya'll!
Today, we are having a blog hop with the Wonderful Design Team over at "The Bug Bytes"!  Hop over if you are just beginning because you wont want to miss anything!  I have a fun project to share with you today.  If you follow us, you know that the majority of our projects are cards.  We could make a card or a layout for today's hop with a sketch.  Well, YAY!  It's a Cricut Couple Layout!  Hee! Hee!
I used some goodies from the Florentine set by CTMH.  This is a picture of Jill and her fours brothers.  The picture was in pretty bad shape, so I did some work with the picture and photoshop to clean it up.  Then when done, the colors just looks amazing with this paper set.  I just loved the sketch, so this was such a fun project!  On the left, the strips were from the top edge of the patterned papers and the scalloped border is from Martha Stewart Elegant Cake Art.
I used CTMH AP for the banner and some twine from My Craft Spot to tie it all together.  This is also the cartridge that the green doily came from.  You can see on the edge of the frame and on the lettering, I used liquid glass.  This makes the letters stand out more and it almost looks like pearls on the frame.
I added a couple of flowers and some lace across the bottom.  The flourishes are stamped on after the flat layers were assembled.
I stamped the sentiment frame and colored in the details with colored pencils.  I used liquid glass on the oval, but the ink bled a little bit.  It looks good straight on, but not at an angle.
This is the copy of the sketch.  Certainly print this off and add it to your collection because it's a wonderful sketch!  It was such a joy to put this together!

Now, your next stop in the hop is http://kamscraftplace.blogspot.co.uk.  Be sure to check out all of the amazing designs!



Thank you SO much for visiting today!  Please leave a comment and let us know what you think!

22 comments:

  1. Awesome take on Pam's sketch!! There are too many awesome details to name them all, all I can say is Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great page. I love all the details you have and look at all those handsome young men!
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the detail on your LO, especially the flowers. Great photo to scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - love your layout. Love all the elements you have used and a perfect setting for the handsome young men. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW!You blew my mind away with this FABULOUS Layout!Love the soft colors, flowers and the arrangement of all details!TFS
    http://craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning Layout. Love that photo, very sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE how you restored that photo! What a great photo and I love how you showcased it in this gorgeous layout!!! AP is one of my very favorite cartridges!!!

    Jill how did you ever survive with 5 brothers? I only have 2 and almost did not survive :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors and the layering on your LO. Those boys sure are CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you took the challenge up and did a layout instead of one of your usual lovely cards :) that made it more of a challenge, right? It turned out wonderfully. So deserving of such a special photo memory. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful layout! The colors are awesome and those flowers...wow! I love the banner and the scalloped journaling mat is lovely. Wow...Jill's mom sure had her hands full! Wonderful way to preserve some cherished memories!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous LO! The colors you used are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOve, just love this layout! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello all! This is so beatiful!!! I love your work. TFS. I am a new follower as well as a new CTMH consultant under Sheila M. I'd love it if you'd stop by my new blog and follow me! Have a great day.
    Gina
    creationsbyGina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an amazing LO!! Beautifully done! I love the colors and all the details!


    plese.cathy at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So beautiful!! I love all the detail and it goes with your photo so perfectly!

    Tracy
    http://scrappininthewoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love it, especially the touch of lace and the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous LO! Love the flowers and lace.

    Tami
    http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You chose a beautiful picture to scrap. The layout is wonderful and I love the papers and cuts you used.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh WOW! This is a GORGEOUS Layout!!! I LOVE the photo too.... It really goes so well with the design and colors you chose to make it with.... Simply Beautiful! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great LO, I love the colors you used!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love this layout! Its gorgeous!!
    ~Tracy

    ReplyDelete