Monday, April 23, 2012

Challenge # 53 - Things that Go...

Hey Ya'll,
It's Challenge Day over at My Craft Spot.  Today's challenge is "Things that Go"!  Fun, right?  Well, I had such a blast playing with several different mediums to come up with this card. I wanted to do something really different.  It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but I was really proud with the end result.
 For the sentiments, I used Birthday Wishes for the front and then unexpectedly used Candy Corn Kisses for the inside.  I thought the inside sentiment was perfect with the whole roller coaster theme.  Magic Adventures is the stamp set I used for the kids on the roller coaster.  I played with Colored Pencils to fill in the colors.  I then used a couple of markers and colored in some trees in the background.
 For the fireworks, I used Baker's Twine from My Craft Spot and just cut some small piece and glued them on the front for the explosions.  I then used some glitter glue in between to add a little more.  The stars are some really old gems from my stash.  Hee! Hee!
On the inside, I used the pencils again to add a little interest to the corners.  I stamped and colored in a couple more images to finish it off.

Overall, I thought this was such a fun card!  Now, head over to My Craft Spot and get in on this week's fun and check out what the winner will receive this week!  Also check out the designs from the incredible My Craft Spot Design Team!

Thanks so much for visiting today.  We would love to hear your comments!

6 comments:

  1. This one is really a little different and I love it. Of course,genius that you are, love the way you did the fireworks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby this is wonderful!I just love how you added the fireworks.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous, what a great idea to make the fireworks love it. You are so creative. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like everyone I like your fireworks... how cute is that? Awesome cards. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an adorable card!!!

    Hey-hey, Bobby! I left a comment on your other blog too!

    Been missing you and your wonderful cards. Had to stop by and say hello as I'm running through the community checking on all my family-friends!

    I'll be back as soon as I can!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fireworks look great! What a fun scene! You did a fabulous job on this challenge card! :O)

    ReplyDelete