Friday, April 20, 2012

Dotty Candles...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, I have a couple of really fun cards to share with you today.  I have been playing again with the Dotty for You Collection that is on special with month!  I found a similar design with a special technique in this month's Card Maker Magazine.  I thought it would be perfect with these beautiful papers!
 This is a 6x6 card.  I used a Martha Punch on the bottom of the cover of the card.  I also used the Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge for all the shapes on this card.  The stamps I used are also from the sets you get with the cartridge.
 I just went with the flow and put together all kinds of different papers from the collection.  They all coordinate so well together and make for great and bright cards!
 I cut and stamped a cupcake for the inside too!
 For the candles, I just took a 2" x 3" piece of paper and rolled it up.  I put a piece of twine from My Craft Spot in the center to represent a wick!  Cool, huh?  Using the same ribbon across the top of the card, I simply tied it together and then glued it on top.  You could tie it in with the ribbon you run across the card, but this method uses a lot less ribbon.
 The second is the same design with different colors.
 How fun are these little candles?  I just love this idea and was so thrilled with the way they turned out!
This card design is also a great way to use up scraps left from some of your larger projects.  I sure hope you like these cards today!  I would love to hear your thoughts, so please leave us a comment.  Thanks so much for the visit!  You are always welcome!

8 comments:

  1. How cool! Love those candles and you are right the Dotty papers worked great for this. I have to get busy and make something with mine. Just got back from a trip to Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous papers! Love that candle idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such bright pretty colors and the candles are great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the candles and must scraplift that! The card is gorgeous with the bright colors. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. What bright, happy, fun papers! I love the colors...just fabulous. Now...those candles...how brilliant is that? I love it! Another super fun card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bright paper. Terrific cards and the candles are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh sooo PRETTY and COLORFUL! LOVE the bright papers and the candles really add a lot to the cards! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun and creative cards! Love the candles! Another wonderful creation from the Cricut Couple!
    Carolyn
    http://cccscraproom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete