Sunday, April 22, 2012

Mary's Shadow Box Design...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, I have something very special today.  A friend of mine at work, Mary, wanted something special for one of her dear friends.  She had this picture of her friend that was on an ink jet invitation from a 25th anniversary announcement.  Her friend's husband passed away a couple of years ago and Mary wanted a special gift for her and asked if I could do something with that picture.
 I used paper from CTMH called Bliss (retired design) for this project with some recollections metallic card stock in gold and silver to compliment.  This is 12 x 12 to fit in a shadow box.  I wanted Mary (who has extremely good taste) to be able to pick out the perfect shadow box design to go with this, so I just made the inside part.  I used the CTMH AP cartridge for the outer frames, roses and label shapes.  I also used some Dimensional Elements Hearts that I inked with Bamboo Ink and then stamped a flourish over the hearts and the sentiment with Cocoa Ink as well as inking the edges of the picture and frames on the picture and label shapes.
 I used Botanicals to cut out the "LOVE" sentiment for the top.  I used Liquid Glass to make the metallic gold on the word "LOVE" to stand out.
I used Ribbons and Rosettes for the rosettes on the bottom.  The roses are cut from the Bliss Paper and then the centers were embellished with a little bit of Stardust Glitter Glue and also on the edges of the hearts.  The lace was from my stash in the craft room.

The picture was not the best quality, so I did a lot of work with Photoshop to clean it up and I think it looks pretty good.  I know that once Mary frames this, it's going to be so beautiful and I really know it's going to mean so much to her dear friend.

Thank you SO much for visiting today.  I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

6 comments:

  1. OH wow BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the gold trim and those roses are divine! Very gorgeous Bobby!
    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby...you have turned this into something truly beautiful, what a wonderful thoughtful gift from you to your friend and her recipient will cherish this forever...truly wonderful my friend :)
    Huge hugs
    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh WOW! This looks AMAZING! This turned into a beautiful piece of art work and the recipent is gonna just LOVE this.... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful gift for your special friend! Just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I love the colors and the way you put it together. What a fabulous gift sure to bring tears to her eyes. I wish you were near by to help with Photoshop, I have 10 and it makes me crazy trying to work with it

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really a heartwarming gift. Your friend is going to love it. She will be so proud to give it to her friend. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete