Monday, April 16, 2012

My Craft Spot Challenge 52 - Make it Pop!

Hey Ya'll,
It's Challenge Monday again over at My Craft Spot!  This week's challenge is all titled "Make it Pop!"  This is such fun one because you want everything to pop off the paper!  I have a very fun and special card to share with you today.  My Nephew's Birthday is on St. Patrick's Day.  I know... I am a little late posting this, but when it was done, I thought it would be perfect for this week's challenge!
 I used Create a Critter for the skunk and cloud, Pooh and Friends for the grass and A Child's Year for the clovers.  I had this fun sunny glittery paper from an old stash of paper and thought it was so much fun for this card.  I had to position a bit until I got it where I wanted it and then cut out the mat.  I cut the cloud from white, stamped it with Happy Birthday to You! from the Birthday Wishes Stamp Set and inked the edges with a teal colored ink.
 I used lots of 3D adhesive to pop all of they layers, including the grass, clovers and cloud.  You can see here how they all just stand out so well from each other.  I used an opaque white marker around his eyes, inside to highlight his eyes and round his mouth.  I also used a little liquid glass on his eyes and nose... then I put little drops all over the clover to make it look like it had little dew drops on it.
For the inside, the sunny rays continue and I wrote in "You LIttle Stinker".  My nephew really got a kick out of it and it was such a fun card to make!

So... Get out your pop up cartridge and/or some 3D adhesive and head over to My Craft Spot to join in on the fun!  Great prizes every week!

I would love to hear your stinkin' thinkin' about this card.  Hee! Hee!  Thanks so much for sharing your time with us today!

11 comments:

  1. I love it! The POP really makes it stand out (get it?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. It really is so cute!!! :)

    http://jmecreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGOSH! This is waaayyy to stinkin' CUTE! What a fun card for your nephew! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card:) Your skunk couldn't be cuter!! So fun and I am sure your nephew will love it:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok...this card is just too, too cute! That skunk is just the cutest thing! I love all the layers you added (they really do POP!) and the clover and grass is a great touch. Happy Birthday to the "little stinker" in your life...hope he had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So Sinkin' cute! I love the way it pops of the page and the background paper is perfect and I remember using it my self.... awesome. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one is really cute. Love the little skunk. Great to put the shamrocks around him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know I a not being original, but.... so stinkin" cauuteee!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is ADORABLE!!! I love the papers you used...it all came together VERY nicely! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry I have been MIA! Just wanted to drop by and say Hi!
    Just adore this card.How cute is that Skunk?
    Hugs
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete