Thursday, April 5, 2012

Play Day Birthday Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Well today, I have a fun little card to share with you.  I have had lots of kiddos birthday card requests from people at work... they buy lots of my cards...  so when I saw this Play Day stamp set, I thought it was such a fun one to make some cards with.  Especially for the time of year we are in.  There are lots of details, so here goes...
 The base is colonial white card stock.  It's 8 1/2" x 11" folded in half.  For the top half of the card, I stamped the words "play day" from the Play Day stamp set.  I just used three different colors of ink and stamped and stamped and stamped.  Hee! Hee!  I love how it made up the background paper.  The "Happy Birthday" is from Card Word Puzzle.  All of the cuts are from Art Philosophy.
The paper in this card is from the Dotty for You collection.  The green polka dot ribbon is from my ribbon stash.  I used iridescent glitter glue on the stars and the frames.  I also used some markers to add to the little boy here and there.

Well, I have several more of these cards using this set and Dotty for You that I will be sharing this week.  I hope you enjoy the inspiration!  Thanks so much for visiting today!  We would love to hear your comments!

7 comments:

  1. What a FABULOUS card!!! Love your coloring, and all the fabulous little details! What a wonderful card for any kiddo! Will be well loved I'm sure!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute. I love the stamped background. such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fun card! I love all the sweet details, the stars, the bow and all those adorable stamps! I would have never guessed that you stamped the background...your sentiment is lined up perfectly...over and over and over...awesome! Adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! And OMG however did you stamp that background so perfectly, mine would have been all crooked ha ha. I just got my Dotty paper last night so hope to get to play with it later

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know how I missed this card... it is awesome. you did stam a lot didn't you? Question with the little girl are you stamping one color then another and then putting them together? or are you coloring the stamp with markers. It is just too cute. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another super fun card! Those papers are terrific! Ahhh, to be a child and just have time to play...
    Bobby and Jill, have a wonderful Easter!! May your weekend be filled with love, laughter and lots of chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a CUTE kid card! I LOVE that paper... Your co-workers are lucky to have you around to create such fun and creative cards for them! Who needs Hallmark? When they got you! LOL

    ReplyDelete