Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Short and Sweet...

Hey Ya'll,
Another short and sweet project to share with you today.  I had some little gifts to create, so I thought about doing some Journals.  For this project, I used some basic journals that I found at Michaels.  I also used the Sonoma Paper Set from Close to my Heart, a retired stamp set and the  Art Philosophy Cartridge.  I also used the Sophie Cartridge.
I cut simple shapes for the front and inked everything with Pansy Purple.  I also used Olive Ink to stamp the flourish design.  I added a couple of gems on the sides to represent brads on the label shape.  I then used the same paper and cut out the book marks to compliment the journals.

Again, it's a short and sweet one.  I was so pleased with the way they turned out.  I hope you like them!  Would love to hear your comments and we really appreciate you sharing some time with us today!

4 comments:

  1. What a FUN project!!! I really should give this a try sometime - I see so many altered journals and LOVE them!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW! This is such a great project! It looks so elegant! Whoever receives this will LOVE it! I have a hard time writing in the one I made last year! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really great for a man or a woman. Very elegant.

    ReplyDelete