Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Cameo Mother's Day Cards...

Hey Ya'll,
I hope everyone is having a great week!  Unfortunately, I got pretty ill.  There has been so much going on and with such a mild winter, the allergens have been just terrible.  I think everything has just caught up with me.  Sick or not, I had lots of friends at work that needed Mother's Day cards, so I stayed busy through the whole thing.  Hee! Hee!

Today, I have three cards to share with you.  I didn't have time to do my normal fancy pictures, so hopefully, you don't mind a black screen for the background.  Michele, over at Thoughts of a Card Making Scrapbooker did this AMAZING Mother's Day Card, so I took cues from that to make several cards.  I will be sharing more variety in this pattern throughout the week.  Michele is a designer for several areas with Cricut, including the Circle and it was a Circle Design that she did that this came from.  So... Thanks Michele! Also, Theresa over at Scrappers Anonymous has really been using her Imagine a lot lately and inspired me to blow the dust off and play!  So... Thanks Theresa!  I don't know what I would do without your inspiration!
I used the Imagine to print background paper for all of these.  The cameo is cut at a height of 5.50.  For this one, I added a label shape from CTMH AP and stamped it with a My Craft Spot stamp.
For this one, I used paper that I printed with the Imagine too.  It had been so long since I used the machine and this was the first page that I printed.  The color cartridge wasn't printing right and this page turned out to have a tomato red colored print on it.  The funny thing is that it's supposed to be brown.  The color was beautiful, so I printed another couple of pages before I changed out the cartridge.  Hee! Hee!  Everything was inked with cocoa.  I stamped the sentiment and then hand cut the banner with a craft knife.
For this one, I also printed this beautiful paper.  The card base is navy blue, but it's a little card to see with the black background.

Well, I hope you enjoy the cards today.  Thanks so much for visiting!

9 comments:

  1. Your cards are beautiful. The one with the red ink is my favorite.... but then I do love red. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Each and every one is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love silhouettes so much - and your flowers are stunning as well!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.co

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are all just beautiful and elegant. Love the different ways you added the similar details to each card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobby, I love them all!!! WOW!!!

    Sorry to hear you've been a bit ill. I do hope you feel better very soon, and I'm glad to see you're not letting it keep you down.

    Guess, I'll keep those prayers going!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...hate to hear that you have been feeling bad! The allergy stuff had me down a couple of weeks ago and I know just how bad it makes you feel. Hope you are up and running full speed ahead very soon ;0) I love all of these beautiful cards! The cameos are just so elegant and so perfect for MD cards. My fav has to be the blue one...the paper is so pretty and those flowers are just gorgeous. Beautiful cards! Feel better my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very classy!!! Luv the Imagine papers! GREAT idea for a Mother's Day card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty cards. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are all wonderful. Glad to see you got that Imagine fired up again. Love the paper choices you made, they all go so well with the Cameos Wow and you hand cut banner I kept looking at it wondering what cartridge it came from and then I read that you cut it out.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry your not feeling well... I've been having the same issues over here! My nose won't stop itching and I keep sneezing... UGH! ALLERGIES STINK! LOL LOVE these cards though... they are all so elegant looking... I'm just happy you dusted off that machine of yours! It really does come in handy! :O)

    ReplyDelete