Friday, June 22, 2012

Breaking through the Brick Wall...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, you know how you can hit a brick wall when you are trying to come up with something to design?  Well, I was there and in a big way.  I really struggled lately to create much of anything.  I hope that this has stopped that problem.  I found this beautiful paper stack on clearance at Hobby Lobby by Graphic 45 called Fashionista.   I thought the colors were so vibrant and it has so many fun images that I thought... Let's go for it!  So for the next few days, I will be sharing several different cards I made with this stack.

I have really been thinking back to basics lately.  I started with a craft knife and started hand cutting out several of the amazing images.  Then, I fired up the Gypsy and laid out some flowers, labels, etc and started to run with it.

For this card, I hand cut the lady waving from one of the pages.  I used a white card base and a dark red card for the base mat.  I then used this beautiful rose covered paper for the background and a strip of green from another page.  I cut the oval with CTMH AP as well as the flourishes and flowers.  The Happy Birthday Sentiment is from an old CTMH stamp set called Glorious Greetings.  I love this stamp!
 I used Chocolate Ink for the edges of everything and Moonstruck Ink for the stamping.  I also used 3D adhesive for all of the stand out elements.
 For the inside, I simply used a basic mat and a piece of coordinating paper.
I would love to hear your comments on this card.  I was so pleased with the way it turned out.  Thanks so much for visiting today.

I guess my main message is... if you hit a wall, break a hole in it.  Hee! Hee!  Just get back to basics, remember some of your old school techniques that made you fall in love with paper crafting and grab some of that amazing and gorgeous papers that you have been hoarding for a long time and just go with it.  There is a reason you were attracted to it, so just get it out and start cutting.  I literally covered my table with tons and tons of different things and then just started piecing them together to create all of these cards.  I really hope you enjoy them!

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Love the vibrant colors and your fussy cuts are great. Love the way it tuned out....
    I have been getting into my favorite papers too and it is so much fun! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Beautiful!!!WoW!!!!Lovely Color combo.Reminds me of Christmas...TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are so talented..thanks for sharing your designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is so pretty I always seem to find some inspiration in my favorite paper,too. Also,my Cricut handbooks remind me of why I wanted that cartridge! thank you fir the inspiration. BethAnn M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is beautiful. You do wonders with a craft knife. Welcome back.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this card and the color combination is great!! I am a big fan of Graphic 45 products!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you put this all together, great job on cutting out that lady. As always perfect paper choices. So glad you found that hole in the wall.

    ReplyDelete