Saturday, June 9, 2012

Hey Ya'll,
I have a birthday card to share with you today.  A friend at work wanted a fairy princess card for her niece Maggie.  This is what I came up with.

I used papers from The Lucy Collection from Close to my Heart.  I also used a few cartridges.  A Child's Year for the fairy, CTMH AP for the label with the Happy Birthday stamp from the Collection.  I also used Cricut Alphabet and welded the letters together for Maggie's name on the card.  I also used butterflies from CTMH AP and then Splish Splash for the background label shape.  I had to contour out some cuts to make this label shape, but I thought it was perfect for this card.  The crown is from one of the princess carts... sorry... don't remember which one.  Hee! Hee!
I used some white/iridescent fuzzy fiber type wired stuff for the edges of the background shape and then popped this shape up.  I used iridescent glitter on the star of the wand, crown and background cuts of the wings of the fairy and butterfly, also the green background of the happy birthday label.
 The edges were inked with Cotton Candy.  I also added a butterfly with the sentiment mat on the inside. 
I was really happy with the way it turned out and know that my friend will really be proud to give it to her.

I would love to hear your comments.  Thank you so much for visiting today!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card. I love the detail and little girls just love Princess crowns! The colors are just perfect and you can almost see the smile on her little face when she gets this. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! What a pretty, delicate card. Just perfect for any little fairy princess. Love the silhouette and all the soft, muted colors. Super, super sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card. I'm sure Maggie will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a beautiful job on the card! I'm sure she is going to love and cherish it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I love that fairy cut and the colors are so soft and perfect. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well this is gorgeous! I can see you've been missing creating. Love the pinks and green. So sweet. Perfect for a fairy princess. Hope the craft room is finished so you can get your creativity unleashed. haha

    ReplyDelete