Saturday, June 16, 2012

Simple Thanks Card...

Hey Ya'll,

I have a very simple card to share with you today.  I mixed up a couple of things to pull this one off.  I finally was able to update my machines and my E2 Anniversary Carts are finally working with the Gypsy, so I wanted to play with them.  I saw this picture, and can't remember where, and the designer created this split box with a pattern and plain white.  They used a chipboard flourish as a seperator.  It looked really complicated and I thought I would play with the Gypsy and reconstruct it.  I simply used a rounded rectangle shape from CTMH AP and two different flourishes from Cricut Alphabet.  I turned the flourishes a couple of different ways and then welded them together.  I put them over the center and then copied the cuts on the mat in the different papers.
 I stamped and cut out a butterfly and stamped the "Thanks".  Colored them with colored pencils. I then added some glitter to the butterfly and then dotted some glitter here and there to look like gems.
I used 3D adhesive on the flourish to give it some dimension.  When done, I thought it was OK.  It's a little plain for my taste, but everyone else who has seen it really likes it.  Of course, I have left over cuts, so I hope to get back to them soon and see what else I can do with the square and flourish idea.

I would love to hear your comments.  Thanks so much for visiting today!

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! Love the florish on this and the awesome paper goes perfect with it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! I love the flourish and the way it divides the two papers. The butterfly is perfect and I love the patterned paper...lovely card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice card! Not plain at all. But,I really like the plaid in the back ground. So smart,and you cease to amaze me! Thanks for sharing. Vicki from Ca.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this design. Great idea to split the shapes. Great detail with the flourishes. Lovely paper too. All in all, I'd say it's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! Love that plaid paper

    ReplyDelete