Thursday, June 14, 2012

Stormy Day Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, today, I am sharing my Dad's father's day card with you.  I put this together a couple of days ago.  It stormed pretty heavily most of the day and of course, it was my day off.  Hee! Hee!  I don't use my machines when it storms, so this one was made without any machine help.  Can you believe it?  Hee! Hee!

For the Happy Father's Day, I used the computer and just put together the fonts to create the label shape.  I printed it, cut it and then stamped it with an old Martha Stewart clear stamp set I have recently found in a pile while organizing the new room.  Hee! Hee!
 I used a patriotic colored paper stack by Jolie's that I found at Michaels.  Dad loves anything patriotic!  I cut 1 1/2" x 12" strips and then scored them every 1/4".  Folded back and forth and then glued the end together.  When the glue dried, I flattened it out and got these beautiful striped rosettes.
 I inked everything with a Cranberry Ink.  In the picture below, you can see that I used scraps and extra rosettes to make a fancy envelobox for the card too.
Overall, I was very happy with the card.  I know that Dad will really enjoy it too.  Thanks so much for visiting today!  I would love to hear your thoughts!

9 comments:

  1. Great card Bobby, love the patriotic colors also. Those rosettes are great and perfect behind the label. I am sure your Dad will love his card. Sounds like you are enjoying your new room :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very creative card and great colors!! I made my first rosette the other day. I guess they just intimidated me a little but they are actually pretty easy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love anything red, white and blue. This card is fantastic. And no cricut, imagine that. You used a beautiful stamp and Love, love the rosettes. The envelope is just as special as the card. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card! Love the colors and that stamp is just awesome. Love the rosettes. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great machine-free card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the card and matching envelope. Who needs machines when you can create cards like this! (I also unplug my machines when it storms, too.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. I really like the rosette technique.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW...this is a GREAT card! The rosettes are so patriotic looking...your dad is going to luv his card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a super card and I love the matching envelope.TFS

    ReplyDelete