Friday, July 6, 2012

Best Wishes...


Hey Ya'll,
Today is my DT spot over at Cricut is Close to my Heart.  Today, I have a card to share with you that isn't a lot about CTMH, but I did use CTMH Inks and Art Philosophy.  This is a card for someone at work who was leaving to take another job.  We all wanted something for everyone to sign for him.  I have been a little stale lately with creativity, so it was what I could come up with.

I used CTMH AP for the label shape.  I also used Best Wishes from the 3 Birds on Parade cartridge.  I used the label shape with the oval out of the center and then used the Gypsy to weld the shadow layer for Best Wishes to it.  I then cut it out of this fun art deco type of paper.  I then cut the Best Wishes out of solid black card stock.  I cut an additional label shape from a black patterned paper for the background but used the layer that didn't have the oval out of the center.
 You can see below, I used 3D adhesive tape to pop the layers.  I also used liquid glass on the entire black part of the lettering and it really stands out.  I thought about using some glitter in the liquid glass, but since it was for a guy, I thought better of it.  Hee! Hee!
 On the inside, I used mats from the patterned papers on the front and then cut a white label shape for the center.  I inked everything on the card with black ink and it really turned out good.  Everyone at work was very happy with the card and the recipient loved it as it was a very big surprise.  He didn't know that anyone would do anything for him, but we had a huge going away party with some amazing salads.
Well, thanks so much for visiting today!  I would love to hear your comments and if you want any more project inspiration, feel free to visit us over at Cricut is Close to my Heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment