Friday, July 27, 2012

Get Well Frame and Eisle Cards..

Hey Ya'll,
I have something really great to share with you today.  I am So excited with the way these two cards turned out.  I say two, because there are two different frame patterns here, but when I shot the pictures, I got mixed up with which ones I was using.  Hee! Hee!  Sorry about that.  They are both identical except for the frame.
 I found these beautiful wooden laser cut frames at Micheal's for $1.00 each.  I picked up several and then didn't use the for the longest time.  I wanted to try a technique from CTMH for them that I saw in the Spring/Summer idea book, so I tried it here.  You paint the surface of the frame with CTMH Create a Shade Pearl Paint.  It gives it a shimmery look.  Then I took a sponge with Moonlight Ink and pounced the ink over the entire face of the frame!  It give it this sheen and a little bit of color match that is so beautiful for an eisle card!
 I used Willow papers and anna griffin stamps for this.  This stamp was a perfect fit for this square frame, but you could use any stamps you have to recreate the same thing.
 I made a little stand on the inside with a label cut from CTMH AP and added some glitter glue here and there to embellish the frame.  I thought about adding gems, but decided to use glitter dots instead.
 Here, you can see the detail of the paint effect and glitter on the wood frame.  It's so pretty!
The inside has a white sentiment mat.  This is a 6x6 card, BTW.  Hee! Hee!  I really hope you like today's card!  I would love to hear your comments on what you think of this design!  I will certainly be using this wooden technique again and again from now on!  Thanks so much for the visit today!

7 comments:

  1. Bobby this card is GORGEOUS. I love that technique and actually bought the pearl paint to but haven't tried it yet... now after seeing this I can't wait. AWESOME. Thanks for sharing this, I have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bobby! Another fabulous technique for us to try!!! The cards are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so elegant and soooo pretty! I love the deep, rich colors and all that shimmer...gorgeous! Don't you just love those wooden pieces? I have several although I've only used one at this point. Just picked up a few more at Hobby Lobby and need to get busy working with them. Thanks for reminding me to pull them out of my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card!! I also have the pearl paint and have not used it yet. Thanks for the inspiration I will have to give it a try!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are gorgeous. Love the frames and the technique. Lovely papers too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! Love those wooden frames and how you colored them. I will have to be on the look out for them

    ReplyDelete