Sunday, July 22, 2012

Golden Get Well Soon...

Hey Ya'll,
I have a very unusual card to share with you today.  This is a Get Well card I am adding to the stash.  I used several different Anna Griffin things to make this one.  All of the papers  are from the Willow collection.
 The base card is navy.  The bright yellow paper is from the same collection.  I am not a "Yellow" person, so this was a stretch, but I am thrilled with the bold look.  I used CTMH AP for the label shapes.  The Get Well Soon stamp and frame is from an Anna Griffin stamp set.  I cut the edges with a craft knife.  I then cut two ovals from the AP cart and glued them to the back to give it more shape.  I love the way it looks!  I also stamped the flower and used colored pencils and glitter to bring out the details.
 For the flower, I used an old ribbon artistry technique and made a 5 petal flower using this blue ombre ribbon.  I used a stamped butterfly to add to the center.
I simply matted the inside to finish it off.

I hope you liked today's card and would love to hear what you think of the colors!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

6 comments:

  1. Really is pretty with that bright yellow. Love that ribbon flower. There is no end to your talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a "yellow person" either, but after seeing this card, I could learn to LOVE it! I really love the bright, bold pop of color it adds to your card. And, all of your accents are just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this color combination and the flower is great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, I love that ribbon flower how creative! That glitter paper is great, love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like yellow but have never been able to successful incorporate it into a project that pleased me; however, you have did a fabulous job!!!

    P.S This is exactly what I meant when I said you have a midas touch... LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a HUGE yellow fan either.... but you pulled it together nicely with those colors.... And I love that flower.... :O)

    ReplyDelete