Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Willow Sympathy Card...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, sorry for such a long run with the Fashionista cards.  It's over now.  Hee! Hee!  Today, I will start sharing a variety of things that I have been working on.  I need to get the card stash updated and have been working on just that.  I have been trying to use up some things that I have had stamped and set aside in the craft room, but also got some new things and have been putting them together.  This card is a sympathy card which can always be hard to make.  Since you never know when you might need one, I thought I would make some ahead of time to have on hand.
 I used Willow paper and Stamps from Anna Griffin on this card.  The butterflies are black stamped on white using a butterfly stamp that I think if from Colorbok.  I think it was in a paint bucket set from Walmart.  Hee! Hee!  Don't really remember, but I love the stamp. I cut them out with the craft knife.  I used a 1 1/4" strip of wood paper from Willow that was 12" long and scored it every 1/4".  I used CTMH AP for the label shape.
I glued the butterflies in the center only so that I could flutter the wings.  I also used a piece of beautiful blue ribbon across the center over a coordinating paper strip.  I then added a couple of adhesive element from CTMH on the sides of the label shape.

Well, I hope you enjoyed today's card.  I would love to hear your comments.  Thanks so much for visiting today!

BTW... I will be sharing more information about the new CTMH cartridge called Artiste!  Stay tuned!  It's available August 1st!

8 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty sympathy card. I love the brown and blues together. I'm finally learning you don't always have to use pastels on sympathy cards. This one has an understated elegance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty...and I agree about sympathy cards. Definitely easier to have them made ahead of time!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. This is something I need to work on as I need to have a few ready for that time when it is needed. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful and Beautiful card!!I always have such a hard time to make a sympathy card and you made it so easy and beautiful!TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty sympathy card.I love the butterflies.I really struggle with sympathy cards.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful - the colours are wonderful and great for a sympathy card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very, very pretty! Love the lifted wings on your butterflies and that rosette is beautiful. I need to put together some sympathy cards also to have on hand - it's so hard for me to put one together when it's needed. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card! I also need to work on my sympathy cards. It just is not that fun to make something for a sad reason.

    ReplyDelete