Sunday, August 5, 2012

Brilliant Boxes...

Hey Ya'll,
I have some really fun things to share with you today.  Most of you know that I haven't really done much of anything with boxes before.  Well, that's changing because if this Artiste Cartridge.  Not, today is the last day to get in on some extra prizes with my Online Gathering.  If you haven't ordered yours yet, Click Here, Click on "Join" next to "Bobby" to get started.  I will announce winners based on the number of order that come in after the 6th of August.  Now... Check these out!
There are so many amazing 3D elements on this cartridge!  These are both from Page 75 in the booklet with the cartridge.  The card is cut at 5.50 for all layers - Card/accent 3/accent 3-shift.  There is also a coordinating envelope available for this one.  The tux box and all layers are cut at a height of 5.20 - 3D Object/3D Object-shift.  The scoring and assembly instructions are on page 63 of the second booklet.
 This adorable autumn box is also from the Artiste Cartridge.  This one is on page 71 of the booklet and cut at a height of 5.00 for all layers.  3D Object/3D Object-Shift/Accent1-shift.  The assembly instructions are on page 51 of the second booklet.
 This box is flat on the back, comes with the filigree cut on the closure and the label shape for the front that fits almost any CTMH sentiment stamp.  It even cuts the little holes in the top so you can close with twine or ribbon.  Cool, huh?  Never seen one like this before!  I tell you... the precision of this cartridge is WAY above anything Cricut has done before.  Lots of quality control went into this cartridge for sure!
 One of my favorites is the Milk Carton!  This looks similar to the one in the Spring/Summer idea book.  You can order the milk carton ready to fold from CTMH already, but with the Artiste Cartridge, NOW YOU CAN CUT YOUR OWN!  How cool is that?  This one is cut completely by the instructions in the booklet.  On Page 46, cut 3D object at a height of 5.00.  That's it!  The assembly instructions are on page 17 of the second booklet and it couldn't believe how easy it was to score and put together.  I thought it would be a real pain, but it was really simple!
 I used a color ready cork shape for the sentiment and then cut the same shape a little larger (2.00) from the Art Philosophy Collection.  Stamped the image on the cream colored paper for the wrap and then double stamped the cow.  Once for the wrap and then another to cut with a craft knife to pop.  I also added a little bow to finish it off.
 Here are a couple of other random cuts from the cartridge.  Look at the little purse!  The rosettes are one there too.  There are several to choose from and no matter what size you cut them, you simply cut two, fold them (all of the score marks cut too... not like ribbons and rosettes where when you make small ones the score marks don't cut... these all cut), glue the ends and the press down on the table.  It's that simple!
 For the last box, I used inspiration from the new Idea Book, but added my own twist to it.  I used this adorable box from the Artiste Cartridge.  This one is on page 74.  You cut 2 of Card and then 1 each of 3D Object and 3D Object-shift.  All of these are at 1.00 inches in height.  That seems strange, but you will get the perfect sized box this way.  I then cut a rosette from page 77.  Cut 2 of Accent2 at a height of 1.60 and put together.
 I used the stamp set called "So Grateful" from page 74 of the new idea book.  It's number B1395 and only $9.95!  I cut out the layers with a craft knife.  I also cut a double banner from the cartridge from page 66 - Accent3-Shift at a height of 1/2" to stamp the sentiment on and then just folded under the sides.
 I added a piece of ribbon from the stash around the sides to finish it off and added a bow made with baker's twine to the top of the pumpkin.
 See how the little harvest banner just stand up?
Well, I can see that there are many, many more boxes in my future.  I hope you like all of these and I would love to hear your comments!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

12 comments:

  1. Wow amazing you are really working that cartridge. Love the milk cartons, and those shirts are great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I love these boxes. The shirt one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great job on these boxes my friend I love them hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! You totally out did yourself! I adore each and every one and SO want this cartridge:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bobby, I should have to tell you... you should already know!!! I just love these boxes -- all of them!!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your boxes look amazing!Look forward to seeing lots more.
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are great projects you made with the cartridge!! I am totally in love with the Artiste cart. and can't believe how many possibilities there are with it. I really love the box you made with the pumpkin!! Can't wait till Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the boxes, terrific "manly" ones. You've really dressed them up beautifully. I can't wait to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW WOW WOW, beautiful projects. Love them all. Might have to save up for this cartridge. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh WOW!!!! LOVE them ALL!!!! You did a Fabulous job with each creation!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great boxes! I think I like the Hip Hip Hooray one best of all. It's such a unique design - and you've done such a fabulous job with it!!

    ReplyDelete