Saturday, August 4, 2012

Christmas Delights...

Hey Ya'll,
I have a fun card to share with you today.  This has become Jill's new favorite to date.  I am completely in love with these sign shapes on the new Artiste Cartridge Collection!  For this card, I used a stamp set from the new idea book called Christmas Delights - D1518 - $17.95.  It has the cutest stuff.  This is the only one I have had time to play with so far, but can't wait to get into the others in this collection!!!
 For this card, I used red card stock for the base and the papers are from Anna Griffin.  I used the Artiste cartridge to cut the sign shape at a height of 2.50.  Page 36/Accent 2/sign layer and shift is decorative layer.  I then used some red coordinating paper for the adorable bow which is on the cartridge as well.  This is cut at a height of 1.20 for all three layers.  Page 55/Accent 2 and Accent 2-Shift/Accent 3-Shift.  The assembly instructions are on page 31 of the second booklet, but it's very easy to put together.  Something that I did that may help is to roll the sides of the bow around a large marker to give it a good bend before I glued it together.
 I used the stamp set for the sign and then colored in the letters with a watercolor pencil.  The wreath is made by punching a bunch of branches with the Martha Stewart Branch Punch.  McGill also makes this punch, but the Martha one is easier to punch.  I just punched out a ton of branches and then glued them on one at a time.  I then added some gems and glittered snowflakes to finish it off.
This is what the stamp set looks like!  I just LOVE this!  It also has a tag shape that coordinates with the Art Philosophy Cartridge!  The next project is going to be a raggedy ann fireplace card with those adorable stockings hanging.  Just need another day off.  Hee!  Hee!  I hope you enjoyed today's project!  I am hosting an online gathering if you want to get in on some prized.  It goes through the 5th of August.  Just click here, click on "Join" next to "Bobby" and you are ready to shop.  Depending on the number of orders that come through, there will be prizes announced after August 6th.  If you take advantage of the online gathering, your order will ship immediately.  You will not have to wait until the gathering date to get your goodies.  I would love to hear your thoughts on this project!  Thanks for the visit!

9 comments:

  1. this is very beautiful love it. hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! I too love that sign post.... Can't wait till my cart arrives in the mail! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill's right! This is gorgeous. Love that sign and the bow. This is just the perfect card. Love the whole thing. Can't wait to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill has excellent taste..this is gorgeous! Love the wreath and the way you created a "sign" for it....so, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great card!! I love that stamp set and am definetely going to get it now!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't say I blame Jill, this is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete