Sunday, August 19, 2012

Trying to catch up...

Hey Ya'll,
Have you ever had those times in life where you had really good intentions and all of your efforts just... well... GO TO CRAP?!?

Welcome to the world of Cricut Couple lately.  It's been a wonderful couple of weeks with lots of fun events, but I haven't been able to get anything done for the blog.  We have been blessed with a wonderful new embroidery machine and I hooked up an old laptop that has been in the closet for a long time.  Believe it or not, it works pretty well and will sit next to the machine until it wont work anymore.  We got the machine and now over 300 spools of thread for it and guess what.  I haven't had a second to look at it since.  Hee! Hee!  It's driving me crazy too!  Hopefully, next week, I will get to play with it some.

Then, this week, we FINALLY got smart phones.  Samsung Epic 4g, which are AMAZING phones, but neither of us have a clue how to use them.  Well, guess what?  No time to get into the craft room because we are busy learning how to make a phone call again.  Hee! Hee!  Something I am very impressed with, as soon as I registered my gmail account, the phone immediately had my entire blog account and gallery at a simple tap!

Work has been crazy for both of us.  We both work in retail and we are SO glad that the kids are going back to school.  We don't have kids, so you can imagine how much we look forward to the end of August.  Hee! Hee!  It's amazing how much worse children behave every year.  I momma would have spanked my fanny all the way out of the store and if I ever thought of acting the way that some of these children act, it would have been well deserved every single time.  It's funny though... I don't blame the kids, but I would sure like to take a paddle to a few parents once in a while.

All of the big trucks of fall merchandise are arriving to coming home from work means that your butt hits the recliner and that's about as far as you can get.  Now... add a lot of family activities to the mix and... well... all I can say is sorry that there hasn't been much content.  I haven't even had time to visit blogs.  The last time I looked at Google Reader, I have over 350 to catch up on.  I am scared to look today.

Anyway... I have a couple of things that I got done and I finally have all of the pictures ready, so I will be getting the posted as soon as possible.  Today, I am going to share a quick project with you that is for my Mom.  Her Birthday is Monday, but everyone has to work, so we are going to celebrate today!  It's her 60th birthday this year and we are going to have lots of fun.

If you have a copy of the CTMH Fall/Winter book, there are some really cool projects in it.  On page 93, there is this really beautiful box and I wanted to give it a try.
 This is a box that I got on clearance from Hobby Lobby a LONG time ago.  It was one of the ugliest boxes you have ever seen, so I thought I would pretty it up with some Sonoma papers and accents.  I used the Sweet Moments stamp set for the decorations.  All were cut with a craft knife.  The hearts are cut with Artiste Collection and Lovely Floral for the word Mom.  I used the Gypsy and welded the letters together so it was one large cut.
 As it showed in the picture from the Idea Book, I sewed the paper to look like it was quilted.  Then I used Hot Rocks at each point.  I used a Bling Button for the closure.
 I painted the box a cocoa color of acrylic paint for the base.
I also used Liquid Glass and glitter glue for the different pieces to make them really stand out.  Overall, I was very happy with the way it turned out.  I hope she likes it!

Thanks so much for visiting today.  I would love to know what you think of this little box.

10 comments:

  1. you did a beautiful job on this box, and I agree with you on the bad children out there lets all thank a teacher who has to put up with what you have created. ha poor teachers dont get paid enough for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Bobby you are too funny with your goings on, I know you just must be chomping at the bit to get going with that sewing machine. You are right about the kids now a days and it is not their fault.
    OMG I love that box, and your sewing is perfect now you got me wanting to try one of these. Happy Bday to you Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty. I have been so busy and can't seem to catch up either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Bobby, lol... it would take me forever to address all of the things you said so I'll just keep it short and tell you how very much I love your box you did for your mom. It turned out just gorgeous and you have to know I love the bling! Mom's going to really love it!

    Well,I guess I go and pull my sewing machine and do a project just to tease you, and give you inspiration to hurry up and get to that machine!!! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a fabulous box!! I love the color combo and all the bling! I know what you mean about being super busy! LOL! Those new phones are something else aren`t they. Like using a little computer. You just have to jump in and play with it!
    I agree with you about the children. A lot of parents have a problem with disciplining their children these days. Little do they know they are doing far more harm than good!
    Hope things slow down for you soon.
    Take care,
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there - I adore the box, it is stunning. TFS.
    Your doing better than me - I still have a basic flip phone (you know, "beam me up Scottie"). I look at my daughters and think OMG I'll wouldn't know where to start. Have a great week:-) Karon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...you've really had a "techno" week, haven't you? I love getting new gadgets, but wish I could fast-forward past trying to figure out how the heck the thing works...lol! It took me weeks to figure out my iphone and they really aren't that complicated. And, I gotta agree with you about kids - what is wrong with some of these parents? I taught preschool and Kindergarten for years and it seems like each year the behavior issues got a bit worse than the previous year. I always said I would have continued to teach if I just didn't have to deal with the parents...lol! Beautiful project for your Mom - love those pretty purples. Happy birthday to her and to you - slow down a bit! Hope you catch a breather soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey bobby.... You don't have to tell me about it cuz I know exactly what you're talkin' about! LOL It's ALL GOOD! I do agree that kids today are the worst ever! I would LOVE to beat a couple of them & their parents... It amazes me how the parents think it's ok to shop & not pay any attention to what their little rug rats are doing!!! UGH!!! Sorry.... got off track for a minute! LOL I LOVE your box & I know your mom is sooo gonna love it to! It's very pretty and the the colors are gorgeous! I hope you get some time to play with your new machine & phone! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are too funny!! I love this "ugly" box you turned into a masterpiece!! I hope life slows down for you a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous. You got lots of learning to do with your new toys.haha Hope you get to have fun soon.

    ReplyDelete