Friday, August 10, 2012

We have a WINNER!!!

Hey Ya'll,

We have a winner on our blog candy challenge.  We actually had a couple of people who got it right... well... close... half of what it actually is, but I had to go back and check the times to see who the first one was and the winner is....

Karons Krafty KornerAugust 10, 2012 11:49 AM

Oh my goodness - so you already have one but its limited, you have wanted it for years (so it can't be anything too new) you have lots of supplies already to use with it, and now its from HSN. mmmmmmm- an embroidery machine.

Congratulations!!!  Now... I have your prize on it's way.  I am not going to tell you what it is, but it's coming from Close to my Heart, so I hope you love it!  As soon as it arrives, I will get it in the mail to you.  Please, in the mean time, e-mail your address to me at cricutcouple@gmail.com.  I will e-mail you when it goes in the mail too.

So... do you want to see a picture?  It still hasn't arrived yet, but I just can't stand it anymore and we are very blessed and very proud!  Like I said... I have wanted one of these things for YEARS!
Our sewing machine (well, the good one) died about two weeks ago.  So... we needed another one.  We wanted to get just a sewing machine and really wanted to get the one that was HSN's today's special value the other night, but since we watched the presentation and got all excited the next day on TIVO, we discovered that it was already sold out.  So... went online and started looking and talking and watching the videos, which we had seen a thousand times over the last two years, but WAIT!  Is that one on sale too?  I have always wanted an embroidery machine with all the bells and whistles.  I had an older Brother embroidery machine... you know... the one that you have to pay $90.00 each for the cartridges for?  Well... who would ever get into something like that???  Hee!  Hee!  I wanted to be able to use all of my fonts, pictures, files, whatever.  So... it's one it's way.  I can't wait to play with it as I have tons and tons of supplies to use with it that have just been sitting in a big armoire for years.  This is a dream fulfilled for our craft room and Jill is really excited about it too.  Of course, this is Christmas, Birthday, Anniversary and every other random occassion for the next couple of years, but I think it's worth the trade off.  Hee! Hee!

So... what do you all think I should do with it first?  Besides learn how to use it?  Hee! Hee!  Thanks to everyone for playing along and congratulations to Karon for being the first guess!

I have more projects to share soon, but no time to post them.  Family in town, Classic Car show is this weekend and super busy at work.  Would ya'll be interested in seeing some cool pics of my Uncle's '55 Chevy?  I plan on taking lots and lots of pictures.  He has been working on it for 3 years and it's AMAZING!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and thanks so much for happy thoughts and playing in our little contest.  This has been so much fun, we are trying to think of our next blog candy game.

6 comments:

  1. Congrats to the Winner!!!And ENJOY your NEW TOY!!!
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow...what fun! Can't wait to see what you do with this cool new toy! Got my CTMH order today and hopping for a chance to play this weekend...enjoy your car show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much - your new machine looks fabulous. I have emailed you and thank you so much for the fun. Enjoy your weekend. Karon

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEAAAAHHHH to Karon!!!

    Bobby, I have that very same machine (got nine from HSN too a while ago) and you're going to LOVE it!!! It's so easy too use -- you're going to have such a fun time with it! Congratulations on your new machine!

    P.S. Did you get the auto-stitch, photo-stitch and other software? If so, it's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea, Karon.
    Bobby congrats on your new "toy." I just know it, you're going to make me wish I had one.
    Thanks for the tips on cutting shaped cards. I do use my Gypsy but I will try cutting the cards out without it.
    I wish they would combine the E and E2. I love the screen so you can tell exactly how big the cut will be and the light on the E2. But an even bigger thing is being able to cut anywhere on the page like my E. I love that machine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to the winner! And WOW Bobby! What a Cool new toy! I know your gonna make me want one and I'm not the sewing/embroidery type! LOL

    ReplyDelete