Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wishing you Comfort...

Hey Ya'll,
I have a card to share today that I am really happy with the way it turned out.  Jill, on her way to work the other day, heard that a local DJ had been away from her morning shows for a few days had lost two of her very close family members in the same week.  She asked me to make up a card that she could drop by the station.  Although we live in a tourist town, it's still a small town and she has been there for us every morning for years.  I got out the Artiste cartridge and some beautiful Anna Griffin papers and got started.
 The shapes cut for the card are all from Artiste.  The bird is from an old retired CTMH set.  The large shape is cut at 6.30 with the inside oval shape contoured out.  The scalloped oval is cut at 7.10.  The smaller oval shape is from the center of the large shape with the outer edge contoured out and cut at a height of 5.00.  The bird was cut with a craft knife.
 The flowers are crochet flowers with buttons in the center.  I then added a couple of gems here and there.  The sentiments are from the Words of Comfort stamp set.
 I also used this for the inside sentiment.  This is a wonderful stamp set!
I thought I would show the envelope that I made too.  I hope you like it.  We really loved how it turned out.  We hope that it will be well received by Janet.  We plan on making more of these to have on hand because of how beautifully it turned out.

Thanks so much for visiting today!  We would love to hear your comments.

8 comments:

  1. such a beautiful card love it friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bobby, it's just a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely lovely card! Love all the beautiful layers and mats, such pretty colors and patterns. I'm sure your card will bring comfort to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card and all the layers are wonderful. and a lovely sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful, thoughtful card. The family will appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, and love the soft look of it. The crocheted flower are a wonderful touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh WOW this is so beautiful... I'm sure your card will bring some comfort to the family....

    ReplyDelete