Monday, October 1, 2012

Out of sight... Out of mind...

Hey Ya'll,
I have another organizing project to share with you today.  This is something I have been wanting to do since I remodeled the craft room and never had time to complete it.
 
I had drawers and drawers full of punches and wooden stamps.  Again, we are very blessed to have so much, but I tend to be one of those types who is out of sight, out of mind when it comes to such things.  I wanted to get all of these beautiful stamps and punches out and up to where I can see them, so this is the result!
 My Dad helped me with the project.  This is actually 14 inches tall by 110 inches long.  We went to get MDF board.  Well, they only had one piece.  It's 1/4" thick.  So... we got one MDF sheet and three sheets of heavy board that is 3/16" thick instead.  The sheets that we purchased were 2' x 4'.  We used the MDF for the border and ripped them down to 3" strips.  1 1/2" strips out of the heavy board.  I then used Guerilla Glue to put the whole thing together.  There is quite a bit of measuring that needs to be done, but if you have a table saw and a chop saw, it goes really fast.  Start to finish, this took about 2 1/2 hours to complete.
Now, everything is up and visable, so hopefully you will see some of these things in future projects.  Hee! Hee!  Now that I can see what I actually have.  Hee! Hee!
 
Thanks so much for visiting today!  I would love to hear your comments!

12 comments:

  1. very nice, I know what you mean about out of sight....
    great job,
    Carol N<><

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Thanks so much for making me totally green with envy! LOL
    Happy for you my friend that you are so blessed to have this. I am a drawer person and loose things all the time! teehee

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a great idea tfs your craft room is amazing. love it jealous you have such a big space ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. What a fabulous crafting space. TFS.

    Barb from Toronto, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fantastic storage solution! Love it!
    I actually just unmounted all my rubber stamps this weekend. Saves so much space. I really didn`t have the room to display mine like yours.
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous - what awesome storage. Yeah! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow...that is amazing! Can you come to my house and build something for me??? I really love this - how nice to have all of your fun tools right at arm's reach! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cool, I wish I had that much room in my craft room.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I,m out of sight, out of mind, too.So put me on your list of fix-its. haha Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is amazing!! Since we found out we are neighbors when would you like to make mine?? Haha! This is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this shelf you made... love the organization it gives... hope to have something like this in my new craft room... right now we are trying to sell our home... will pin for later inspiration :) Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow what a wonderful way to display all your stamps and punches. I totally agree with the out of sight out of mind. I have sooo many stamp sets that I forget I have. I may need to just pull out a drawer and try to make some cards with each set. Mmmmm. nice thought. :) Love your shelf and wish I had a handy person to make me one of those. :) TFS.

    ReplyDelete