Saturday, December 22, 2012

Gone with the Wind Quilted Throw...

Hey Ya'll,
This is a quilt I made for my Aunt.  Her whole house is very victorian and she is a huge fan of anything Gone with the Wind.  During a shopping day with Mom at "Quilts and Quilts", we found this amazing panel set for the movie.  Mom asked me to do a 50's quilt for my other Aunt and then picked this up for me to do another quilt.  Fortunately, I was up for the challenge.  Hee! Hee!
 I did the same as before and laid out everything on the bed, measured and assembled.  I struggled a little bit with this one as I wanted to use metallic gold thread.  Turns out that machines don't like 8 year old spools of metallic thread.  I went back out and picked up a spool of gold and never had another problem.  Thanks to the ladies at Quilts and Quilts, I found that metallic thread has an expiration date.  Hee! Hee!
 Here are a couple of shots of the free motion quilting.  I did this one while I was waiting on machines to make their way across the country, so I used my Singer Heavy Duty 4423 machine with the darning and embroidery foot for this one.  If you need a good machine for just sewing and crafting, this one is super strong and really wonderful!
Well, I hope you like this one too!  I am very proud of the way it turned out!  Thanks for visiting today!

3 comments:

  1. Your quilt turned out well. Regarding the metalic thread difficulties...did you use the metalic thread needles? Sometimes they work well but I have problems with using this type of thread myself so it just depends on the thread. Jenny Haskins specialty threads are wonderful.

    Barb from Toronto, Canada
    http://barbsmithdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I bet your gifts will be favorites this year

    ReplyDelete