Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Hey Ya'll,
"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!"
We hope you all have the most wonderful season ever!  We are enjoying time with family and friends and hope that you are doing the exact same thing!  I thought I would share one of Jill's Christmas presents with you!  This is a quilted throw that I made for her.  It's so much fun!  Like before, I laid everything out on the bed and started assembling.  I used a bunch of iridescent thread on this and I tried to take good pictures, but it's really not showing up.
If you blow the below picture up, you may be able to see all of the quilting on the snowman.  I was terrified about doing this because it required precision... which I am still learning how to do these things, but it just came out perfect!  I did tiny little swirls and covered the entire snowman with them.  It's really glittery and fun!
 I also used scraps and made a Crazy Quilt pillow to go with it.  Isn't this fun?
 I used a bunch of different stitches that are built into the Singer Futura SEQS-6700 machine to decorate between all the crazy quilt pieces.  I also used the ruffler foot for the ruffle and the blind hem foot for the edging.  What a gem of a machine!
I used iridescent and different variegated threads for the stitching.  I was so proud of how these turned out and Jill really loves them!  Thank you so much for visiting today!  Merry Christmas to you all!

3 comments:

  1. And a Merry Christmas to you! Beautiful quilt and pillow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing job. And I saw Sheila's post where she showed the tote bag you made. You are doing great work with quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you are having tons of fun with your new machine!! Gorgeous quilt!!

    ReplyDelete