Thursday, December 20, 2012

Sister's Tea Quilt

Hey Ya'll,
I have another quilt to share with you today.  This is also a quilted throw.  My sister's birthday was back in November.  She has had probably the worst year of her life and it's all boys in her house except for her tiny little Jack Russell Terrier named Peppermint.  So... I thought she could use something really girly and elegant.

We have a local quilt store called "Quilts and Quilts" here in the Branson, MO area.  Their store was completely blown away back in the winter tornado that really did a lot of damage in our little town.  As a matter of fact, the mall that their original store was in is now completely gone.  They moved across town and opened bigger and better with the most beautiful quilt store you have EVER SEEN!!!  That is where I found this gorgeous fabric!  If you ever make it to Branson, you have to check out this amazing store!
 I purchased a section of panels, a yard of the white fabric with black printing, a 1/2 yard of the tea cups in squares fabric and a couple of fat quarters for colors.  I did like I did with the others and laid everything out on the bed.  I used black fleece for the back.  You probably can't see in the picture, but I bound it with a black fabric and then used a couching foot and used black eyelash yarn on the binding for a fun fuzzy look.  used the machine to free motion quilt all of the panels.
 There is a beautiful little stitching print on the table cloth in this picture.  I matched up the color and actually went over all of this stitching and it really looks amazing!
 You can see in both of these pictures how I stitched around all of the beautiful roses in the pictures too.
When it's all said and done, I am so proud of this quilt and I know that my sister is going to love it for years and years.  She was thrilled to receive it!  Thanks so much for visiting today!  I would love to hear what you think about these quilts!

2 comments:

  1. Wow Bobby this is gorgeous!! She must have been so exited to receive such a heart felt gift! You should be so very proud of it!
    Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful quilt!! Your really getting this mastered. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete