Monday, December 24, 2012

Work in progress...

Hey Ya'll,
Merry Christmas Eve!  I hope you all are having a wonderful time with friends and family today!  I thought I would share with you some things I have been playing with... but that aren't yet done.

The first thing is a quilted throw that I am making for myself.  Hee! Hee!  this will also be fleece backed.   I picked up these adorable panels at Quilts and Quilts.  So far, I just have it assembled and the fill in quilting done.  I have a lot of detail I am going to do on each village house, but with so much going on, I haven't had the time to do it.  I have made next November my goal.  Hee! Hee!
 I used a beautiful variegated thread for the quilting that changes from gold to silver.  It doesn't do much for me in the picture, but to really see it, it's perfect!
 Another thing I am giving a try... but not getting very far on... is Crazy Quilting.  This is a project that I started on and am still working on.  I found this victorian lady picture online and printed it off onto ink jet iron on transfer paper.  I then crazy quilted all around it with scraps from a quilt I made for Jill for Christmas.  I then used the embroidery machine and added this beautiful lace frame that I got on Secrets of Embroidery.  It took a little work to center everything in the hoop, but I put a water soluble stabilizer over the top and a tear away on the back and fired it up with this beautiful variegated thread.
 Here is a little closer look.  I have more machine embroidery to do on this one and will keep you posted.
 The next one was a bit of a problem.  The machine still has a couple of issues with the calibration.  But... I am still trying to work thought it.
 You can see here how the centering was really off even though it was perfectly centered in the hoop.  In order to overcome this and save the piece, I am just going to embellish the fire out of this one!  Hee! Hee!  I dug out the old stash of silk ribbon and started to ribbon embroider this one.  I think that by the time I get all of the flowers filled in, you won't even notice that the frame was not centered.  Jill is also going to do some beautiful bead embroidery work on both of these, so I will share pictures when they are all done.
Well, can you see now why it's been so long since I posted?  Hee! Hee!  Projects... projects... everywhere!!!  Hee! Hee!  Thanks so much for visiting today on Christmas Eve!  We would love to hear your comments and hope that you all have a WONDERFUL CHRISTMAS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Well, this one is turning out gorgeous.
    I had to come by after I saw Sheilas post today. I LOVE HER BAG. What a wonderful gift. You truly give of yourself. That is truly the most special craft bag I have ever seen. You truly outdid yourself.It's perfect. Merry Christmas to you and Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow!!! The quilt looks great!!! You're so talented

    ReplyDelete