Thursday, February 28, 2013

Wow! Has it really been two months???

Hey Ya'll,
Wow!  I can't believe that it's really been two months since I have had time to post!  I hope you are all doing well and getting lots of wonderful crafting in.  Needless to say on our end, life has been really busy.  Most of it is work related for me, so time to craft has been pretty limited.  I have been crafting a lot of fun things, but most of them have been for work and that's not something I can share on a public blog.  I wish I could share everything because some of the things have turned out so cool!

Well, today, I just have a simple card to share with you.  Jill recently had TONS of dental surgery done and her technician has been so wonderful through the entire process that Jill wanted me to make a special card for her.  So... here goes!

I used Anna Griffin papers for this card and some stamps and goodies from CTMH.  The stamp set is the Smitten Stamp of the Month for December.  I really love the detail in this set.  The You Make Me Smile is from the stamps that come with the Artiste Cartridge collection.  That is stamped on a Chipboard Shape that also comes with the collection.  The buttons on the card were something I got from Sweet Miss Audrey in a Christmas Goodies package from our Secret Santa.  The doily behind the roses is a spellbinders die.  I haven't worked with these very much, but I am in love.  I am trying to avoid hoarding them, but we'll see how it goes.  Hee! Hee!
 For the roses, I used momento ink to stamp the image and then used watercolor pencils to color it in.  When that was done, I used a matte pearl type of glitter glue from Martha Stewart over the blooms.  When this dried, it was actually too matte and took away from the coloring on the roses.  So I used liquid glass over that and let it dry and the roses really came out pretty.
On the inside, I used more stamps from Smitten and a thank you stamp from something else CTMH.  Don't remember which set.  I think it was also from the artiste collection.  The doily here is another spellbinders die.  I also used a rounded corner punch on everything, as well as a MS border punch on the sentiment mat.
 Well, Jill was so pleased with the card and really excited to share it.  Her technician was thrilled to receive it too.  Thanks so much for visiting today!

8 comments:

  1. OMG, Bobby, I am SOOOO glad to see you!!!

    There's no way Jill wouldn't have been ecstatic over the gorgeous card!!! And the buttons look awesome on it!

    LOL... I wish I could have seen her tech's face when this card was opened!!!

    Hugs, my friend and I'll be seeing you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh WOW ! Hello there:-) This is stunning and looks absolutely amazing. Love all the layers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Good to see you back! BEAUTIFUL card!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bobby we really miss your posts! Hopefully life will settle down a little so you will have more time in the craft room. Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I see you haven't lost your touch. This is gorgeous. Hope you're back for a while. Glad Jill is recovering well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love every one of your posts :) What a beautiful card! Glad it was appreciated! Glad Jill's surgery is over too! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, as always. It is just beautiful with all the details. Glad to see you poke in for a moment, I know what you mean I have not been very good lately at keeping up with my blog either. Always nice to see your creations

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay...welcome back to bloggy world! You have been missed my friend! It is wonderful to see one of your glorious creations again -this card is just full of stunning details. I love the Spellbinders die and do not have that one, must check into it! Hope Jill recovers from her dental work soon. I just finished up a 6 month process of a dental implant, so I can feel her pain! Hope you can find the time to join us in bloggy world again very soon ♥

    ReplyDelete