Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Quilted Birthday Cards...

Hey Ya'll,
Well, I have two cards to share today.  These were made using a technique I saw in an issue of Card Maker Magazine.  They used punches, but I used the Cricut.  I will go into detail and then just share pictures.

What you do is cut a bunch of circles at 1.5 inches.  Then cut a bunch of squares using double sided decorative papers at 1 inch.  Stick a square in the center of each circle.  If you want to sew it like I did, you need to just use a dot of wet glue in the center of the square.  Do not use a lot and do not use ATG or double sided tape.  This will really gum up your sewing machine.  Once you have the squares glued, use your folder and fold over the sides of each circle with the edge of the squares.  You will end up with a bunch of little squares.  Once you are done with that, stick each one to a scrap piece of paper and sew all of them with whatever stitch you want.  I used a zig zag stitch.  This technique takes a LONG time.  I doubt that I will do it again.  I couldn't believe how long it took.  Hee!  Hee!






Well, I hope you like the cards!  Thanks so much for spending some time with us today!

6 comments:

  1. I love your cards and have made some similar ones with the same effect. I only made 1 before I said no more... but the recipient LOVED it and is a quilter so she appreciated it a lot! lol Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! I know this must have taken forever, but wow...it is so worth it! I just love the results -so different and just gorgeous! I know the recipient will love and treasure this beauty forever. Gorgeous cards my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone's going to be very happy. These are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow best birthday card i ever seen, very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that is cool, but it does look like a lot of work. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, Bobby!!! Theswe are absolutely fab!!! I agree these must have taken some time but sooooo worth the outcome! I'm definitely loving these!

    ReplyDelete