Saturday, August 31, 2013

Oh Boy! Time for some real fun!!!

Hey Ya'll,
Well, I have to say... when I got the Silhouette Cameo... I jumped in with both feet!!!  Just look at these pictures!  This house was a blast to put together and I had NO IDEA I could even make such a thing with paper!  I have done two so far.  This is a file from SVGcuts.com called Maple Manor.  It comes with some adorable cards that I haven't tried yet, but I couldn't resist this house!

For the first one, Jill has a friend at work who wanted a haunted house, so that's what she got.  I had bought some really amazing paper on clearance from CTMH that was a halloween collection.  That's what I used for the decorative panels.  I opened up the iBooks on my iPad and followed all of the information to cut everything.  Then I went to SVGcuts.com and loaded up Mary's video and just followed along with her step by step.  I had to pause a couple of times, but I had the whole thing together in an hour!  It's taken me longer then that to make a card!  Hee! Hee!
 I went ahead and did all of the shutters wonky so that it had the "Creepy and Spooky" look.  If you blow up the pictures, you may be able to see in the windows, but I used spider web rub-ons on the velum in the windows to look even creepier.  I also followed Mary's advice and used white ink on the corners of the black to give it an even more distressed look.  I used a woodgrain Tim Holtz embossing folder on the front door too.  It's hard to get the lighting right and I wanted to show as much detail as possible, but I put battery operated tea lights in the different areas of the house.  With the random flicker look, it really is creepy and I love the way it turned out.  I know that Jill's friend will love it too.
 For the second one, I went the opposite.  I used white card stock for the whole house.  I just used paper from the stash for the roof and siding panels.  I embossed the bottom panels with the woodgrain folder.  I need to get something with more lines for future ones as I think that pattern was a little too big and the blue was a white core card stock, so I didn't totally get the effect that I wanted, but I am still in love with the way it turned out.
 The thing I love about this cut file is that it isn't just for halloween.  You can use it for any house... just keep everything lined up really well.
I have the base cut, but trying to find the perfect papers.  I can't wait to finish my Christmas house!  It's going to be a lot more embellished then these two and I will share a picture as soon as I get it done, but for now, I just had to share these two.  I am in love with all the new and am having so much fun again!  The best part?  I didn't have to do any updates!  YAY!!!  Everything just works without worry!

Hey.... I almost forgot (when I wrote the post), but they are giving away a Silhouette Cameo at SVGcuts on their facebook page.  Here is the link if you want to get in your chance to win!  Good Luck!  I sure love mine!

https://www.facebook.com/svgcuts/app_150794994973742



7 comments:

  1. OMG, Bobby. I've seen this house in their store and thought it was fabulous. So glad you did it. They are both gorgeous. Maybe it was on their site, but I saw a Christmas one. I just love this house.
    So far I have only downloaded the free stuff. Sometimes when I save stuff I can't get to it from Sil studio. I would be so put out to buy a file and not be able to use it.
    So I can live vicariously through your stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love these houses! A Christmas one will be amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bobby! Congrats on the Silhouette Cameo...I crossed over and sold all my carts and Expression and now have one too!!! I LOVE it. I love it so much more than I ever loved the Cricut. Fabulous houses, can't wait to see the Christmas one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pleased to see you back and wow what a one back. Your houses are amazing!
    Jayne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Bobby!!! Welcome back!

    I've been away awhile myself but working at getting back to my crafting too. I'm dying to get back to my Silhouette; haven't had much time to really play with it.

    Your project is just amazing!!! Wow!!! Looks so detailed but that won't stop me from getting over to the Silhouette store grabbing it to give it a try! I love my Silhouette too!

    Hello to Jill, and I'll be back when I can!!!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow those are awesome, now I am going to have to make one.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was just thinking of you and Jill and was actually going to pick up the phone! I see you have a new challenge and that is wonderful. LOVE your projects they are awesome, but of course they would be. KEEP IN TOUCH! Talk to you soon

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete