Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lamps and Boxes... Oh My!

Hey Ya'll,
I hope you are having some crafty fun today!  I just had to share something I put together for my Mom's recent birthday.  When I saw this file, I just had to give it a try.  Mom has a fun 50's room in her house and I thought these little lamps would be just perfect for in there.  Everything is pink and turquoise in her decor and I found this paper pack at Michaels that had this glittery argyle that reminded me of a picture she has in the room of her and her sister's feet when they were all wearing saddle oxfords.

The lamps and box are from the Maison de Madeline SVG Kit by SVGcuts.com.
 I found the fringe for the lamps in our local quilt shop on clearance and picked up a bunch of these packages, so I have lots of fun colors to use on future ones too.  It's not easy to tell in the pictures, but I used a light blue glittered paper for the fleur des lis in the middle of the velum.  In the next picture, I had little battery tea lights inside.  They look so amazing lighted!  With the beads and the fringe and glitter paper, they just sparkle!
The little box was in the same collection and so much easier then I expected to put together.  Again, I cut all the pieces and just opened Mary's video on the iPad and just assembled along with her!  So much fun!  I have always done pretty well at figuring things out, but it sure makes for a fun day not having to try to put everything together alone.  Hee! Hee!  I did both lamps, the little box and made a very special Birthday card for her (forgot to take pictures of the card) in just three hours!  I couldn't believe it.  She was thrilled with everything, including the king sized quilt that was her big gift.  Now... that's another story.  I haven't made it over to their house to get a picture of the quilt yet, but will share it when I do.  I learned all the squares on the Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorial app.  I will share the link to the videos when I get the quilt on the blog.

Well, I sure hope you like these.  I just thought they were amazing and had to share!  Like I said... the fun is back!!!  I'm so excited!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Bobby, those are amazing!!! I can only imagine how thrilled your mom was to receive them -- they're stunning!

    Well, you did your usual fabulous job on your projects! Really-really got to play with my Silhouette now! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous!!! I can tell the fun is back. I think you missed it. (I know I did)

    ReplyDelete