Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Spectrum Noir Challenge Design with Paper Piecing...

Hey All,

Hope everyone is having a great day!  I have something that was particularly fun for me to share with you today.  I had missed it a while back, but I found a wonderful tutorial on Melissa's blog over at http://melissamade2.blogspot.com that is all about paper piecing in her tutorial section.  I had never actually heard of it before, but since I was getting all addicted to this coloring thing, I thought I would give it a try.  Again, it's so new to me that these are probably laughable for the experts, but it was so much fun!

All of these images are from TiddlyInks.  I have always admired their designs, so I just had to buy some to play with these new Spectrum Noir Markers.  I am also going to see if I can't get into a challenge with this post as well.  Unfortunately, being so new, I didn't write down the marker numbers that I used, but I hope you enjoy the cards. 
First of all, I used the Cameo to print and cut the images.  I printed one set on white paper and one set on printed paper.  I then took scissors and cut out the polka dotted table cloth portion and glued it in place.  Once that was dry, I colored it all in with the Spectrum Noir Markers.  I used a circle cutter to make the background mat behind the girls and just grabbed a couple of things from my stash for the sentiment.
This is a what the layered design looks like before it's colored.
I did a second card and I forgot to take a picture of the finished project before I had to use it.  Hee! Hee!  With this one, I used the cut and emboss folders and dies for the lacy trim.  This one was the first image I tried this with and I must say, it took some time.  I didn't pay much attention to just how many tiny cuts would have to be made to pull off this chair, but I was still very pleased with the results.
I used pop dots to make the chair stand out and later added a sentiment to the top of the card.
Well, I hope you all like this design.  It sure was fun and check out Melissa's wonderful tutorial on paper piecing.  It's really great.  She has some speed coloring to get you to the finished project too!



3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful! So happy to see you designing more often. Thanks for sharing today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to hear from you. This is so pretty. Does not look like you just started using markers. I think it's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful cards! I give up - is there anything you cannot do? Your coloring is awesome and I love the sweet little images you used.

    ReplyDelete