Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Thank You Teddy Bear

Well, Hello all!  I can't believe how long it's been.  Hope everyone is doing really well.  Life has been so crazy for such a long time that it's amazing to me how fast everything is going. Anyway... I finally had a little bit of time to actually take some pictures of some projects, so I thought I would share them here on the old blog.

So... What has changed...  Lots of things.  I have been wanting to get into the alcohol marker thing for a REALLY long time.  Well, I finally did.  I picked up the collection of Spectrum Noir Markers and started watching all of my friend Melissa's tutorials on coloring.  She uses Copic markers, but I just love her videos and tutorials over at melissamade2.blogspot.com.  So... This is actually my first every coloring project with my new markers.  Hope you like it.

I purchased the adorable bear digi from Meljen.  I used the Silhouette Cameo for the shape of the label and the used the print and cut feature to place the bear right were it needed to be.  I am loving the whole print and cut thing.  I actually printed two and then cut out the little bouquet of flowers with precision scissors so that I could pop them up a bit.  I just played with the colors in the papers.
 I made this into a stand up card that is 6x6.  I was going to try a little smaller, but the digi was so small that I needed some more space to color.  Hee! Hee!  First time and all.  I added a couple of gems around the frame and some baker's twine.  I also ran the background mats through the sewing machine to add a little more texture.
In this last picture, you can see the popped up flowers in the bouquet.  I was so excited for my first marker experience and was thrilled with the way it turned out.  I know that I am completely addicted and will have lot of fun with this collection.  I am sure there are copic users that will get a good laugh at this first attempt, but I didn't think it turned out to bad.  Actually, I was pretty stinkin' proud.  Hee! Hee!
Thanks for stopping by and have a great one!
Sincerely,
Bobby

1 comment:

  1. This one is gorgeous, too. No kidding the coloring is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete