Friday, May 2, 2014

Graduation Card

Hey Everyone,

Have a quick card to share with you today.  A lady that I work with was needing a graduation card.  I used the Cricut Explore for this one.  I wasn't going to buy anything else from Cricut, but after a while with the Silhouette Cameo, I realized that I just wasn't having as much fun with it as I was when I used Cricut machines on a regular basis and I must say... I love the new design space.  If you haven't played around with it yet, I am actually surprised with how much I like it.  Building on a card shape rather then building layers on mats is really a HUGE improvement.  I think anyone who has never used the old Cricut machines are going to love this.  Anyway... back to the card.

I used designs space (my machine came with 3 months free with all images), but it turned out that I had all of these cartridge anyway.  Hee! Hee!  I just built everything up on a card canvas and let the machine split everything out by color.  I did go in and say what layers I wanted what color so that it would be more efficient with the mats.


 I used a little glossy accents on the Congratulations phrase.  All of the papers were from a stack I got a Michaels a long time ago.
On the inside, I just let the machine cut the sentiment mat along with the zig zag oval.  It's the same size at the one used on the front.  The person I made this for really liked how it turned out.  I was pretty please myself, especially when it was so simple to put together.  Since I built it all on the screen in design space, after everything was cut, I could just look at the build on the screen to place everything.  Hee! Hee!  It almost feels like cheating after having to be such an expert to operate the other machines.

If you have been considering an Explore machine, I must say... I was skeptical and I knew I could always return it, but I really do love it.  I am really impressed with the new way it cuts and I love that it will cut and score at the same time.  The dial makes everything super easy and I haven't found anything yet that cutting dial wasn't set perfectly for.

Well, happy crafting.  Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. WOW Bobby great to see you back blogging and sharing your fabulous creations. I love your graduation card it looks so professional. I also said I would buy no more Cricut products but I must say the Explore really intrigues me. I am very skeptical of PC and all the broken promises of the past. Knowing me I am sure there is an Explore in my future ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card my long-lost blogging buddy! It's wonderful to see you blogging about your amazing projects again, I've missed you! This card is awesome - great papers and great design.
    Now - don't be a stranger - welcome home ♥

    ReplyDelete