Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Mother's Day Stand Up Card...

Hey All,

Today, I have a fun card to share.  This was a technique from Close to my Heart That I wanted to play with again.  There are several layers to this and then you bend open a window in the center.  Lots of fun to do!
 I decided to make this a stand up card.  I used some paper from Hobby Lobby and the sentiment stamp on the outside is Anna Griffin.  The sentiment stamp on the inside is from My Craft Spot.
 On the bottom of the inside, I used one of the new embossing and cutting folders from Anna Griffin with the cuttlebug for the lace trim.  I am really loving these folders.
 When you make this card, you do a standard stand up card in a 6x6 square.  Then you cut a while mat at 5 3/4 x 5 3/4 square.  Then you cut two prints at 5 1/2 x 5 1/2.  When that is done, you put a print facing outward on both sides of the white mat.  Attach around the edge with atg or a tape runner.  You then take a ruler and go from outside corner to outside corner.  Using a craft knife, you cut an "X" in the center.  For this one, I just measured 1 1/2 inches from the outside corner to cut the "X" shape.  Then you pull those corners out the the edge and add brads to hold.  I just used a piercing tool, but you could use a setter if needed.  It makes this great frame for the center.  The lavender square is 2 1/4 x 2 1/4 and the white stamped square is 2 x 2.  You might be able to see that I also ran a piece of white through an embossing folder (also Anna) and put it on the back through the window.  The important thing is to do all of this cutting and bending before you attach it to your card base.  Add the embossed layer and then your window layer.  Then add your sentiment with pop dots to make it really stand out.
 I also cut some butterflies out of the paper and added them as well.  I thought about doing some flowers, but decided it really didn't need them.  I didn't want to take away from the window.
Well, I hope you like the card.  Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment: