Friday, May 9, 2014

Vintage Ladies, Coloring with Markers...

Hey All,

Just some more cards I had fun with using Spectrum Noir Markers.  I am really enjoying this whole coloring thing and I hope you are enjoying the cards!

This first card is a stand up card.  I used a victorian image that I found in a google image search and then traced it with the Silhouette Cameo so that I could use the Print and Cut feature and didn't have to cut by hand.  I really like how it turned out.
The doily is from the Sihouette online store.  I ran the layered mats through the sewing machine as well as sewing down the lace trim from the old stash.
I added a couple of pre-made flowers to finish it up.  I tried to match up the colors of the fabric in the dress with the colors of the paper and was thrilled with the results.  There are lots of free images online, so if you are looking for nothing, you will always find something.  Hee! Hee!
This next one is the second image I ever colored.  This was a stamp from Graphic 45.  It was too small for the card I wanted to make, so I stamped it, scanned it and blew it up to color.  This one I cut by hand so that I could get the shape I wanted on the top.
I used the Cricut Explore and a shape from Ornamental Iron 2 for the flourish frame.  I also used the Silhouette to cut out the sentiment label shapes.
The next one only uses the Silhouette to print and cut the image.  I then colored it and started layering things on the card.  Loving these markers!  Again, this was a google image.

This last one is also a google image.  I just kept layering until I got it the way I wanted it.
The colors didn't photograph as well as I had hoped because the dress is actually a perfect color match to the purples in the background layers, but sometimes the photography isn't our best friend.  Hee! Hee!  The border on the left side is actually from the Anna Griffin cut and emboss collection.
I really loved this paper.  Everyone loves butterflies.  I found the paper at Hobby Lobby.

Well, I hope you enjoyed the cards.  They sure were fun to make.  Thanks for the visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment